post office and 1901 census

  • janet reakes
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20, 2002
      POST OFFICE ADDRESS FOR UK
      http://www.consignia.com/heritage/index.htm

      1901 Online service
      Latest statement from the PRO
      15 August 2002: Update
      ----------

      The 1901 Online Service will continue to be available at the Family
      Records Centre and the Public Record Office, Kew until 17.00 hours on
      Friday 23 August. For opening times, directions and other details
      about how to access the service at both the FRC and PRO, Kew please
      telephone 020 8392 5200 or visit the PRO website at
      http://www.pro.gov.uk/about/visit.htm

      Thank you to all of you who have used the service in the past couple
      of weeks and have given us valuable feedback.

      After the closure of the service at the FRC and Kew we will then be
      evaluating the results of this phase of the testing before deciding
      whether the service is sufficiently robust to initiate public internet
      testing. We hope to make this decision before the end of August.