Re: [englishresearch] FROST Book......

  • Dorne Cawte
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 19, 2002
      Hi Charmaine & Garth,
      Have you tried BibliOZ, who search for out-of-print books?
      www.booksearchwizard.com/00672 takes you to a free online search tool.
      The service is associated with Angus & Robertson bookstores.
      Good luck
      Dorne in Mackay, Qld
    • charmster2001
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 10, 2002
        --- In englishresearch@y..., "Dorne Cawte" <djcawte@a...> wrote:
        > Hi Charmaine & Garth,
        > Have you tried BibliOZ, who search for out-of-print books?
        > www.booksearchwizard.com/00672 takes you to a free online search
        tool.
        > The service is associated with Angus & Robertson bookstores.
        > Good luck
        > Dorne in Mackay, Qld
        Hello Dorne, I just tried the site you posted, No Luck,..Thanks for
        the help,though I've book marked the site, it's quite good isn't it?
        Cheers! Charmaine
      • charmster2001
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 10, 2002
          --- In englishresearch@y..., "Patrick" <grappa@h...> wrote:
          > Charmaine
          > If you find out where to get the book would you
          let me in
          > on it.
          > Thanks Garth

          Keith
          > > Frost...it's about the descendants of James FROST and Lydia
          > > MACKNESS.who came to Austalia in 1845 from Stevington,Bedford...if
          > > anyone knows how to get a copy, please let me know..Charmaine
          > >

          > > Community email addresses:
          > > Post message: englishresearch@o...
          > > Subscribe: englishresearch-subscribe@o...
          > >
          > > Shortcut URL to this page:
          > > http://www.onelist.com/community/englishresearch
          > >
          > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Hello Garth, I haven't had much luck so far in my search for
          this book,although I have found some people who were lent the book
          some years ago, and are trying to get a hold of it again for me..(not
          the newest 3rd updated edition though) when I do I'll let you
          know....Do you come from this line?? I am from James and Lydia's son
          George born 1846 in Carlisle's Gully NSW..... Regards Charmaine

        • charmster2001
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 10, 2002
            --- In englishresearch@y..., "Patrick" <grappa@h...> wrote:
            > Charmaine
            > If you find out where to get the book would you
            let me in
            > on it.
            > Thanks Garth
            Hello Garth, I haven't had much luck so far, but I have found some
            people who were lent the book some years ago and are trying to get a
            hold of it for me(not the 3rd updated edition though)..I'll let you
            know how I go...Do you come from this line?? I come from James and
            Lydia's son George who was born in 1846 in Carlisle's Gully
            NSW...Regards....Charmaine

          • Patrick
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 11, 2002
              Charmaine
              My GG/Mother married a Thompson in Gayndah in 1869 and on
              M/C it said she was a widow formerly Frost.
              Her maiden name was Sullivan but i cannot find out who this Frost was can't
              find his death or anything about him.
              I'm grasping at straws i guess but i thought the book may turn up something

              Garth----- Original Message -----
              > > If you find out where to get the book would you
              > let me in
              > > on it.
              > > Thanks Garth
              > Hello Garth, I haven't had much luck so far, but I have found some
              > people who were lent the book some years ago and are trying to get a
              > hold of it for me(not the 3rd updated edition though)..I'll let you
              > know how I go...Do you come from this line?? I come from James and
              > Lydia's son George who was born in 1846 in Carlisle's Gully
              > NSW...Regards....Charmaine

            • Amanda Arnell-Smith
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 15, 2002
                If your Mr Frost was also from the Gayndah area, I would suggest you contact
                the Gayndah Historical Society as they have a load of books specifically
                about the pioneers of the area and I wouldn't be surprised if they know of
                the family name. It is an incredibly well researched district!

                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 21, 2002
                  --- In englishresearch@y..., "Patrick" <grappa@h...> wrote:
                  > Charmaine
                  > My GG/Mother married a Thompson in Gayndah in 1869
                  and on
                  > M/C it said she was a widow formerly Frost.
                  > Her maiden name was Sullivan but i cannot find out who this Frost
                  was can't
                  > find his death or anything about him.
                  > I'm grasping at straws i guess but i thought the book may turn up
                  something
                  > Hello Garth, I have been given an address of a woman who has the
                  book. You will have to send her $25 if you want it posted to you, or
                  $20 if you go to her to pick it up personally....Her details are:
                  Mrs B FROST, 10 GUNBALANYA AVE BEECROFT NSW 2119. Beatrice's phone
                  number is 02 9484 7175. The book costs $25.00 posted (or $20 if you
                  collect it from her). I haven't as yet contacted Mrs.Frost, so
                  can't tell you how good the book is.... hope this is of some
                  help..Charmaine