Re: [englishresearch] FROST Book......

  • Patrick
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 16, 2002
      Charmaine
      If you find out where to get the book would you let me in
      on it.
      Thanks Garth
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 19, 2002
        Hi Charmaine & Garth,
        Have you tried BibliOZ, who search for out-of-print books?
        www.booksearchwizard.com/00672 takes you to a free online search tool.
        The service is associated with Angus & Robertson bookstores.
        Good luck
        Dorne in Mackay, Qld
      • charmster2001
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 10, 2002
          --- In englishresearch@y..., "Dorne Cawte" <djcawte@a...> wrote:
          > Hi Charmaine & Garth,
          > Have you tried BibliOZ, who search for out-of-print books?
          > www.booksearchwizard.com/00672 takes you to a free online search
          tool.
          > The service is associated with Angus & Robertson bookstores.
          > Good luck
          > Dorne in Mackay, Qld
          Hello Dorne, I just tried the site you posted, No Luck,..Thanks for
          the help,though I've book marked the site, it's quite good isn't it?
          Cheers! Charmaine
        • charmster2001
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 10, 2002
            --- In englishresearch@y..., "Patrick" <grappa@h...> wrote:
            > Charmaine
            > If you find out where to get the book would you
            let me in
            > on it.
            > Thanks Garth

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            Hello Garth, I haven't had much luck so far in my search for
            this book,although I have found some people who were lent the book
            some years ago, and are trying to get a hold of it again for me..(not
            the newest 3rd updated edition though) when I do I'll let you
            know....Do you come from this line?? I am from James and Lydia's son
            George born 1846 in Carlisle's Gully NSW..... Regards Charmaine

          • charmster2001
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 10, 2002
              --- In englishresearch@y..., "Patrick" <grappa@h...> wrote:
              > Charmaine
              > If you find out where to get the book would you
              let me in
              > on it.
              > Thanks Garth
              Hello Garth, I haven't had much luck so far, but I have found some
              people who were lent the book some years ago and are trying to get a
              hold of it for me(not the 3rd updated edition though)..I'll let you
              know how I go...Do you come from this line?? I come from James and
              Lydia's son George who was born in 1846 in Carlisle's Gully
              NSW...Regards....Charmaine

              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 11, 2002
                Charmaine
                My GG/Mother married a Thompson in Gayndah in 1869 and on
                M/C it said she was a widow formerly Frost.
                Her maiden name was Sullivan but i cannot find out who this Frost was can't
                find his death or anything about him.
                I'm grasping at straws i guess but i thought the book may turn up something

                Garth----- Original Message -----
                > > If you find out where to get the book would you
                > let me in
                > > on it.
                > > Thanks Garth
                > Hello Garth, I haven't had much luck so far, but I have found some
                > people who were lent the book some years ago and are trying to get a
                > hold of it for me(not the 3rd updated edition though)..I'll let you
                > know how I go...Do you come from this line?? I come from James and
                > Lydia's son George who was born in 1846 in Carlisle's Gully
                > NSW...Regards....Charmaine

              • Amanda Arnell-Smith
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 15, 2002
                  If your Mr Frost was also from the Gayndah area, I would suggest you contact
                  the Gayndah Historical Society as they have a load of books specifically
                  about the pioneers of the area and I wouldn't be surprised if they know of
                  the family name. It is an incredibly well researched district!

                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 21, 2002
                    --- In englishresearch@y..., "Patrick" <grappa@h...> wrote:
                    > Charmaine
                    > My GG/Mother married a Thompson in Gayndah in 1869
                    and on
                    > M/C it said she was a widow formerly Frost.
                    > Her maiden name was Sullivan but i cannot find out who this Frost
                    was can't
                    > find his death or anything about him.
                    > I'm grasping at straws i guess but i thought the book may turn up
                    something
                    > Hello Garth, I have been given an address of a woman who has the
                    book. You will have to send her $25 if you want it posted to you, or
                    $20 if you go to her to pick it up personally....Her details are:
                    Mrs B FROST, 10 GUNBALANYA AVE BEECROFT NSW 2119. Beatrice's phone
                    number is 02 9484 7175. The book costs $25.00 posted (or $20 if you
                    collect it from her). I haven't as yet contacted Mrs.Frost, so
                    can't tell you how good the book is.... hope this is of some
                    help..Charmaine