FROST Book......

  • charmster2001
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 12, 2002
      Hi All, I have searching for a book about the Frost family in OZ,
      I've found the title and author of the book.....Frost-Frazier family
      history: a tale of shepherds,shears and ploughshares...by Allen Keith
      Frost...it's about the descendants of James FROST and Lydia
      MACKNESS.who came to Austalia in 1845 from Stevington,Bedford...if
      anyone knows how to get a copy, please let me know..Charmaine
    • Patrick
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 16, 2002
        Charmaine
        If you find out where to get the book would you let me in
        on it.
        Thanks Garth
        > Hi All, I have searching for a book about the Frost family in OZ,
        > I've found the title and author of the book.....Frost-Frazier family
        > history: a tale of shepherds,shears and ploughshares...by Allen Keith
        > Frost...it's about the descendants of James FROST and Lydia
        > MACKNESS.who came to Austalia in 1845 from Stevington,Bedford...if
        > anyone knows how to get a copy, please let me know..Charmaine

      • Dorne Cawte
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 19, 2002
          Hi Charmaine & Garth,
          Have you tried BibliOZ, who search for out-of-print books?
          www.booksearchwizard.com/00672 takes you to a free online search tool.
          The service is associated with Angus & Robertson bookstores.
          Good luck
          Dorne in Mackay, Qld
        • charmster2001
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 10 4:23 PM
            --- In englishresearch@y..., "Dorne Cawte" <djcawte@a...> wrote:
            > Hi Charmaine & Garth,
            > Have you tried BibliOZ, who search for out-of-print books?
            > www.booksearchwizard.com/00672 takes you to a free online search
            tool.
            > The service is associated with Angus & Robertson bookstores.
            > Good luck
            > Dorne in Mackay, Qld
            Hello Dorne, I just tried the site you posted, No Luck,..Thanks for
            the help,though I've book marked the site, it's quite good isn't it?
            Cheers! Charmaine
          • charmster2001
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 10 4:31 PM
              --- In englishresearch@y..., "Patrick" <grappa@h...> wrote:
              > Charmaine
              > If you find out where to get the book would you
              let me in
              > on it.
              > Thanks Garth

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              Hello Garth, I haven't had much luck so far in my search for
              this book,although I have found some people who were lent the book
              some years ago, and are trying to get a hold of it again for me..(not
              the newest 3rd updated edition though) when I do I'll let you
              know....Do you come from this line?? I am from James and Lydia's son
              George born 1846 in Carlisle's Gully NSW..... Regards Charmaine

            • charmster2001
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 10 4:37 PM
                --- In englishresearch@y..., "Patrick" <grappa@h...> wrote:
                > Charmaine
                > If you find out where to get the book would you
                let me in
                > on it.
                > Thanks Garth
                Hello Garth, I haven't had much luck so far, but I have found some
                people who were lent the book some years ago and are trying to get a
                hold of it for me(not the 3rd updated edition though)..I'll let you
                know how I go...Do you come from this line?? I come from James and
                Lydia's son George who was born in 1846 in Carlisle's Gully
                NSW...Regards....Charmaine

                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 11 7:24 PM
                  Charmaine
                  My GG/Mother married a Thompson in Gayndah in 1869 and on
                  M/C it said she was a widow formerly Frost.
                  Her maiden name was Sullivan but i cannot find out who this Frost was can't
                  find his death or anything about him.
                  I'm grasping at straws i guess but i thought the book may turn up something

                  Garth----- Original Message -----
                  > > If you find out where to get the book would you
                  > let me in
                  > > on it.
                  > > Thanks Garth
                  > Hello Garth, I haven't had much luck so far, but I have found some
                  > people who were lent the book some years ago and are trying to get a
                  > hold of it for me(not the 3rd updated edition though)..I'll let you
                  > know how I go...Do you come from this line?? I come from James and
                  > Lydia's son George who was born in 1846 in Carlisle's Gully
                  > NSW...Regards....Charmaine

                • Amanda Arnell-Smith
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 15 8:40 PM
                    If your Mr Frost was also from the Gayndah area, I would suggest you contact
                    the Gayndah Historical Society as they have a load of books specifically
                    about the pioneers of the area and I wouldn't be surprised if they know of
                    the family name. It is an incredibly well researched district!

                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 21 12:54 AM
                      --- In englishresearch@y..., "Patrick" <grappa@h...> wrote:
                      > Charmaine
                      > My GG/Mother married a Thompson in Gayndah in 1869
                      and on
                      > M/C it said she was a widow formerly Frost.
                      > Her maiden name was Sullivan but i cannot find out who this Frost
                      was can't
                      > find his death or anything about him.
                      > I'm grasping at straws i guess but i thought the book may turn up
                      something
                      > Hello Garth, I have been given an address of a woman who has the
                      book. You will have to send her $25 if you want it posted to you, or
                      $20 if you go to her to pick it up personally....Her details are:
                      Mrs B FROST, 10 GUNBALANYA AVE BEECROFT NSW 2119. Beatrice's phone
                      number is 02 9484 7175. The book costs $25.00 posted (or $20 if you
                      collect it from her). I haven't as yet contacted Mrs.Frost, so
                      can't tell you how good the book is.... hope this is of some
                      help..Charmaine