British Death Certificate

  • Jennifer Burt
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 27, 2000
      Hi listers,

      Can anyone tell me whether a British Death Certificate is like an
      Australian one and lists date, occupation, age, marital status,place
      of residence, place of birth, fathers name, mothers maiden name,
      place of marriage. age at date of marriage, who they married,
      children of the marriage, name of informant, cause of death and
      particulars of burial.

      TIA
      Jennifer
      keelawee@...
    • Jennifer Burt

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 28, 2000
          Hi Jennifer

          >Can anyone tell me whether a British Death Certificate is like an
          >Australian one and lists date, occupation, age, marital status,place
          >of residence, place of birth, fathers name, mothers maiden name,
          >place of marriage. age at date of marriage, who they married,
          >children of the marriage, name of informant, cause of death and
          >particulars of burial.

          Our death certificates are not as good as yours! The older version
          lists:

          When and where died
          Name
          Sex
          Age
          Occupation
          Cause of death
          Signature, description and residence of informant
          When registered

          Newer ones also include:

          Maiden name (if a married woman)
          Date and place of birth
          Qualification of informant (i.e. widow)

          I am not sure when the changeover between versions occurred - sometime
          between 1934 and 1990 as I have different copies for the two dates.

          Cheers
          Liz

          Elizabeth Jack : ejack@...
          In Gloucester

          Hidden Heritage : http://www.gloster.demon.co.uk

          Glorious :
          Gloucestershire : http://www.gloster.demon.co.uk/cdindex.html
          Photo Collection:

          Glos FHS : http://www.cix.co.uk/~rd/GENUKI/gfhs.htm

          Researching : B L I N K H O R N E, B L E N K A R N,
          : S O S B E, S E A P E Y, B A S T A R D
          G W I N N U T T, R A N N
          : S E S S I O N S, J A C K, C O L L E T T
          P H I L P O T T & P U R D O N, in Ireland only
        • Bridget Rawle
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 30, 2000
            > Can anyone tell me whether a British Death Certificate is like an
            > Australian one and lists date, occupation, age, marital status,place
            > of residence, place of birth, fathers name, mothers maiden name,
            > place of marriage. age at date of marriage, who they married,
            > children of the marriage, name of informant, cause of death and
            > particulars of burial.
            >
            > TIA
            > Jennifer
            > keelawee@...

            > Good friends, school spirit, hair-dos you'd like to forget.
            > Classmates.com has them all. And with 4.4 million alumni already
            > registered, there's a good chance you'll find your friends here:

            Hi Jennifer
            English death certificates give the name, address, age, who was
            present at the death also who registered it. Yours imilar to the Scottish
            ones I believe

            Kind regards
            Linda

          • John Windle
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 31, 2000
              Hi Jennifer, my grandmothers birth certificate (1872) gives:- When & Where
              born, name, sex, name & Surname of father, name & maiden surname of mother,
              rank & profession of father, signature discription & residence of informant,
              when registered, signature of registrar.
              and the registration district & sub district
              Hope this helps
              John Windle
              insunny Penrith NSW