Coopers & Bakers in Cheshire

  • soncoo2001
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19, 2002
      I am looking for information on my husbands grandparents who
      originated in the Congleton area.

      Grandfather was William Cooper, born 01 June 1868, in the above area
      we believe. According to what we've been told his father was a
      Wheelwright. William was a carpenter and possibly a wheelwright as
      well. He and 3 brothers emmigrated to Canada in about 1911. He was
      married twice, 2 daughters from first marriage - Gwen and Alice.
      Gwen came to canada with William to keep house. Alice stayed in the
      Congleton area.

      Grandmother Florence Hannah Baker was William's second wife. We have
      little to no information on her. Their children born in England
      include Elsie, Albert, Herbert and Florrie.

      Any information on the above couple would be very much appreciated.