Using Libraries: Workshops for Genealogists

  • Stuart Raymond
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 4, 2002
      Using Libraries; Workshops for Family Historians / Stuart Raymond

      Books and libraries are vital to genealogists. That is the message of one of
      my latest books, 'Using Libraries: Workshops for Genealogists'. The message
      will be neglected at the risk of wasting a great deal of time and failing to
      find the information you need. My book sets out to answer four questions:
      1. What can the genealogist expect from libraries?
      2. How should libraries be used?
      3. What family history resources are they likely to hold?
      4. How can books of relevance to family historians be found?
      The book describes the library system as it is in the UK, but will also be
      of relevance to genealogists throughout the English-speaking world.
      Published by the Federation of Family History Societies, 2001. Price £3.50
      (incUK p&p). Overseas: £4.40; $A11.45; $US7.00.

      Email orders welcome. Books will be sent with an invoice for payment on
      receipt - so that you can see the book before you pay for it. Payment
      accepted by personal cheque in any of the currencies mentioned.

      Stuart Raymond, Genealogical Bibliographer, Bookseller & Publisher
      P.O.Box 35, Exeter, EX1 3YZ, U.K.
      Phone: (01392) 252193
      Email: stuart@...
      visit www.soft.net.uk.uk/samjraymond.igb.htm for all your British
      genealogical books
      To join the mailing list genealogyuk go to
      groups.yahoo.com/group/genealogyuk/
      Messages can be sent to genealogyuk@yahoogroups.com