Re: [englishresearch] Free Genealogy Event -- Essex/East London UK

  • leroy j summerfield
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 28, 2002
      Would you be able to help me or direct me to an area that could? My Jewish
      greatgreatgrandfather came from Russia to England at a young age, I am told.
      He married in 1875 in Dudley, Worchester County; emigrated to Canada
      probably around 1885 or 86. His name was Leos Covner and married Matilda
      Summers.

      We do not know where to find more information. We live in North Carolina,
      USA.

      Thank you.

      Joan Summerfield
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 21, 2002
        sorry, i'm new at this and i'm seeking help from family members that i have been able to locate.

        i went to AOL Member Directory and looked in the city where i know i have/had family members. I sent im's to five of the people i found listed in that city. One young lady agreed to help me :-) she has ended up going to my relatives house and asking them to write me (or log online). .192.com is a website she gave me to look for people also. Good luck --- happy hunting~ Tricia