Photogrpahs of Gloucestershire

  • Elizabeth Jack
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 20 3:10 AM
      Glorious Gloucestershire.

      Volume 1 - North Gloucestershire; The North Cotswolds

      The first of 4 CDs is now available for purchase at the price of 15 UKP
      or 30 USD.

      There are more than 1200 photographs on this CD. The aim was to provide
      you with a glimpse of the parishes in which your Gloucestershire
      ancestors lived and worked. Some of the ancient parishes no longer
      exist, the church has gone, the old farms and cottages have been
      demolished and the population has moved on. We have tried to keep
      modern intrusions to a minimum so the number of photographs we could
      take in some locations was limited.

      The parishes on Volume 1 are organised around six areas:

      Campden Fairford Cirencester
      Northleach Stow Winchcombe

      All pictures are in .jpg format. They can be loaded into most graphics
      programs, such as Picture Viewer in Windows 98 but they can best be
      viewed via your web browser.

      To see a sample, albeit slowly as you will need to download, visit:

      http://www.gloster.demon.co.uk/cdindex.html

      To purchase a copy, send 15 UKP or 30 USD to:

      Mrs E Jack
      Hidden Heritage
      11 Old Cheltenham Road
      Longlevens
      Gloucester
      GL2 0AS
      England

      Volumes still on the production line are:

      Volume 2 The Severn Vale:
      Gloucester, Cheltenham and Tewkesbury and
      surrounding parishes

      Volume 3 The Forest of Dean and the Leaden Vale
      North and west of the River Severn

      Volume 4 South Gloucestershire
      South Cotswolds, Berkeley Vale
      All areas south of Gloucester.

      Enquiries:
      Please email: ejack@...

      Elizabeth Jack : ejack@...
      In Gloucester

      Hidden Heritage : http://www.gloster.demon.co.uk

      Glorious :
      Gloucestershire : http://www.gloster.demon.co.uk/cdindex.html
      Photo Collection:

      Glos FHS : http://www.cix.co.uk/~rd/GENUKI/gfhs.htm

      Researching : B L I N K H O R N E, B L E N K A R N,
      : S O S B E, S E A P E Y, B A S T A R D
      G W I N N U T T, R A N N
      : S E S S I O N S, J A C K, C O L L E T T
      P H I L P O T T & P U R D O N, in Ireland only