Re: [englishresearch] RE: HEWETT/HOUSAGOE

  • Halfpint27223670@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , May 19, 2002
      hi l don,t know if this will be of any help to you. but l see that you are
      looking at HEWETT l have a copy of the 1891 census index series for bethnal
      green. this only gives names ages and reference no.

      HENRY aged 12 ref 140
      AMELIA aged 67 ref 141
      THOMAS JAS aged 58 ref 141
      these are all on PRO piece RG12/269.

      happy hunting julia

    • Terry60290@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , May 27, 2002
        Adelaide, South Australia
        27th May 2002

        Thanks Julia.

        On the 1881 census HENRY HEWETT was in Bethnall Green. Definitely the
        right person, he had four daughters, my Grandfather's older sisters. My
        Grandfather was born in 1889, presumably they had moved by 1891 if they
        cannot be found in Bethnall Green. Obviously there is a need to find
        Grandfather's birth certificate, but all I know so far is he was born 1st
        January 1889, and his name was WILLIAM HEWITT/HEWETT.

        Regards, Terry