JACKSON solicitors in Cambridgeshire and/or Norfolk

  • Shirley Elrick
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 20, 2000
      I have a problem (don't we all).

      My g/grandfather was Geoffrey JACKSON, born before 1881.

      There is only 1 Geoffrey JACKSON of approx. correct age in the 1881 census
      for UK. This person was the son of William Goddard JACKSON and Selina
      Barbara Maria JOHNSON.

      The Geoffrey JACKSON I know was my g.grandfather was listed as a journeyman
      Bootmaker (deceased) in 1917 on his son's marriage certificate. The son was
      from Gt Yarmouth NORFOLK at the time of his signing up in the NAVY WW1. So
      was his brother (my g.uncle)

      The W G JACKSON who was in Duddington in 1881 was a Magistrate Annuitant.
      He was born in Wisbech, Cambridgeshire. There were many JACKSONs in various
      'legal' businesses in a few censuses prior to 1881.

      I need to prove/disprove the 2 Geoffrey are the same person. Are there any
      publications relating to solicitors that I can either search myself (I am a
      member of Genealogical Society of Vic and a couple of others) or get a look
      up on. I have searched the catalogue at GSV but I may have not known what
      to search on.

      Many thanks for your time...

      Shirley Elrick in Melbourne, Australia.
      Email = shirley_elrick@...