Reseaching these family members.

  • Carol
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2002
      LIST OF FAMILIES THAT I AM RESEARCHING AT PRESENT � I
      am looking for ancestors and descendants. I have
      nearly 6,300 on my list that are recorded on the
      Broderbund �World Family Tree� but some of them are
      not related to me. I have also included any details
      given me by any in-laws, who are in any connected. I
      am only conducting detailed searches on those who are
      my relations or those of my children�s father.
      AHRENFELD � Edward Jacob, b. Liverpool 1834 England,
      m. in London c.1855. Christiana McKINNON b. 1834 Fort
      Augustus, Scotland. I have been unable to verify
      their birth dates or the marriage. ANY HELP WITH
      THEIR ANCESTORS WOULD BE MOST WELCOME. He arrived in
      Melbourne, Victoria on 22 May, 1857 with Christina and
      two children. The shipping log recorded that he came
      from Lancashire and that he was a carter. His
      occupation may have been listed incorrectly because he
      claimed that he had worked as a Law Clerk in London,
      on the birth certificate of his daughter
      Janet/Jeanette in 1862. They had a large family, who
      except for those who came to Australia with them, were
      born in Victoria. On the British 1881 Census there
      were AHRENFELDS living in London, who were born in
      Lancashire, Surrey & London. I have details on most
      of Edward and Christina�s descendants. On his death
      certificate, his father was shown as John but no
      details of his mother.
      AHRENFELD � Bonita b. c. 1868 in Victoria, d. 3
      September, 1936 at Rydalmere, NSW age 70 � D/C
      stated that her parents were William ROBERTSON and
      Bessie HINES and her husbands name was John. There
      were two children - John b.c. 1908 and Reginald
      b.c.1915. She had married at age 18 (c. 1886) to Jack
      BRANSCOMB (no issue) and age 25 (c. 1893 to John
      AHRENFELD possibly in Victoria. I HAVE BEEN UNABLE
      TO VERIFY ANY OF THIS INFORMATION. CAN ANYONE HELP
      ME?
      ARMSTRONG � Agnes, wife of James SYKES. Southern
      SCOTLAND. Their daughter Margaret born c. 1830, m.
      David JOHNSTON, 1850. (See SYKES)
      BERGEN � Catherine, wife of Cornelius LAWLER.
      Daughter Maria b. 1839 IRELAND and came to Australia
      and married Andrew Curry 3rd.
      BODYCOMB, Hilda E. m. John Edward Fufton AHRENFELD,
      1906, NSW, AUSTRALIA.
      BRAIN � ENGLAND and TASMANIA. I have most details of
      those who were b. in TASMANIA.
      BUCHANAN � Christian name not known (SCOTLAND) -- see
      GRANT
      CALLAGHAN � James Arthur m Euphemia MCINTOSH? Date of
      marriage (she was b. 1872.) in AUSTRALIA � have been
      unable to find any further information. I believe
      there were four children, Sidney James, Molly, Jessie
      and Betty.
      CLARKE, Howard Ludlow b. 1915 in Sydney. He married a
      Vera Mabel ANDERSON in Sydney in 1941. CAN ANYONE
      ADVISE ME IT THERE WERE ANY CHILDREN FROM THIS
      MARRIAGE? His parents were Edmund Ludlow CLARKE b.
      1889 and Alice Mabel HOLLIER. Edward L�s parents
      were Justus Julius CLARKE and Emily BLAKERS. Justus
      parents were Edmund Ludlow CLARKE b. 1805 and Annie
      CURRIE. Any information would complete my research
      into this family.
      CLARKE � William (second name
      Damian/Damien/Daymon/Daymen_ b. 1858 in Victoria. HE
      IS NOT RELATED TO THE CLARKE ABOVE. His parents were
      William b. 1827 England and Jane ROADKNIGHT b. 1825 in
      Tasmania. His paternal grandparents William CLARKE b.
      1801 Cumberland, England and Mary HEAP b. 1806 in
      Liverpool. William D�s paternal g/grandparents William
      CLARKE and Sarah WOODBURN (probably born and married
      in England). William D. m. Jeanette/Janette/Janet
      AHRENFELD in Melbourne 1855. CAN ANYONE GIVE ME ANY
      INFORMATION RE DATE AND PLACE OF William Damian�s
      death?. It is believed that he died before 1912,
      when his son Leo Hopetoun CLARKE was married. It is
      reported that he was a mining engineer.
      CURRY/CURRIE � Andrew 1st and wife Lydia had 3 sons
      (IRELAND � Co. TYRONE) and the third son, also Andrew
      2nd b. 1789 married an Ann BARR (aka Nancy) in
      IRELAND. They had 3 girls and 3 boys and they all
      came to Australia some time after Ann died. Lydia b.
      1822 Ireland arrived in Sydney in 1842 with sister
      Annie (who married Edmund Ludlow CLARKE), and her
      brothers James and Robert. There has been no trace
      of her since then. DID SHE MARRY, DIE OR RETURN TO
      IRELAND � CAN ANYONE HELP? Andrew 2nd arrived here in
      1849 with the other two children Andrew 3rd and Mary.
      He married for the 2nd time to Catherine Jane GAMBLE
      (nee GRAHAM) after she arrived in Australia in 1852.
      The family used two spellings of their surname.
      FUFTON � a third Christian name of John Edward
      (Fufton) AHRENFELD. b. 1865. This may be a family
      name but I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE ORIGIN OF IT.

      FULLER � Elizabeth b. 1775, William m. Benjamin GOODE
      1779 Cripplegate, England. Her parents were William
      FULLER and Sarah POTTS. See GOODE for more details.

      GAMBLE � John b. IRELAND m. Catherine Jane Graham. He
      probably died and she and their three children came to
      AUSTRALIA where she became the 2nd wife of Andrew
      CURRY 3rd in VICTORIA.
      GILLANDERS � William m. Lillian M. MCINTOSH,
      HURSTVILLE, NSW in 1935. They had a daughter Barbara.
      There may have been other children.
      GOODE, Benjamin m. 1779 Elizabeth FULLER (b 1755)
      SHOREDITCH, ENGLAND. Dau. Mary b. 1782 m. Anthony
      BRAIN in TASMANIA.
      GRAHAM � Catherine Jane b. IRELAND. She had been
      married to John Gamble and had three children. Mary,
      John and William GAMBLE. Mary m. JAMES CURRY, son of
      Andrew 2nd who migrated to Australia and her
      father-in-law then became her stepfather when
      Catherine married him.
      GRANT � Niel b, 1814, ISLE OF SKYE, SCOTLAND d.
      AUSTRALIA 1854 m. Effie (Euphemia) SHAW in Strath,
      Skye 1835. (Her parents were John SHAW, who was
      deceased before 1839 when his widow Mary nee MCARTHUR
      1789-1879, came to Australia with her daughter Effie
      and family). They arrived in Australia in 1840. They
      had a large family and I have a lot of information on
      them. His mother was believed to be a BUCHANAN.
      GRANT, John, son of above b. 1839 in Scotland
      (probably ISLE OF SKYE) married Margaret WALLACE in
      WESTWOOD, near CAMDEN, AUSTRALIA in 1869. They had 9
      children and at the time of his death were living in
      Hampton Court Road, KOGARAH, Sydney, and NSW. I have
      birth dates of the children, but WOULD REALLY
      APPRECIATE MORE DETAILS ON THIS FAMILY.
      GRAY/GREY, Anne/Ann b.c. 1800 m. Colin MCINTOSH,
      KNOCKBAIN, SCOTLAND 1819. Bans were issued in
      DRUMORE. SEE MCINTOSH FOR FURTHER DETAILS. His name
      on the IGI was spelt MACKINTOSH and her name as Gray
      thought the family has always spelt it as Grey.
      GUERET, Adelaide b. 1800 Champ Rosay, France. She
      married Edmund Ludlow CLARKE b. 1805 Edinburugh in
      1827. It would great if someone could give me some
      details of her family.
      HOUPTON/HOPETOUN was a second name of two Clarke
      males. One was used for Leo Houpton CLARKE, the son
      of William and Jeanette (nee AHRENFELD) CLARKE and the
      other his son Jack Alfred Hopetoun CLARKE. I WOULD
      LIKE TO KNOW WHERE THIS NAME ORIGINATED AS IT IS
      LIKELY TO BE A FAMILY NAME FROM SOMEWHERE IN THE PAST.

      JOHNSTON, James m. Elizabeth LAW. They had nine
      children and they were born in LYNE and MEGGET,
      SCOTLAND. They were Elizabeth b. 1823, David (my
      g/great grandfather) b. 1825, Margaret b. 1827, and
      William b. 1829. Janet b. 1831, James b. 1834, Jane b.
      1837, John b. 1840, George b. 1848. The only one on
      whom I have further details is David. WHERE ARE THE
      DESCENDANTS OF THE OTHERS?
      JOHNSTON - David (as listed above) married Margaret
      SYKES in 1850, in PEEBLES OR GLENHOLM, SCOTLAND.
      Their children were James b. 1850, Agnes Armstrong b.
      1852, Robert, b. 1854, David b. 1855, Elizabeth b.
      1857, David (the second of that name) b. 1860, William
      b. 1862 and George Scott b. 1865. Most of them were
      born in Selkirk. I HAVE NO ADDITIONAL DETAILS ON ANY
      OF THEM BUT AGNES, DAVID (b. 1860), AND WILLIAM AS
      BELOW-
      JOHNSTON - Agnes � (as listed above), m. William
      SHEARER, b. 1848 E. KILBRIDE They migrated to New
      Zealand (1880) with 5 children on the �Stirlingshire�
      and had another 6 children there. I have a good
      record of most of their descendants.
      JOHNSTON � David b. 1860, migrated. I am not sure if
      he went to NZ. First but he married my grandmother
      Mary Anne (known as Annie) MCINTOSH (dau. Charles and
      Margaret nee GRANT) in Dubbo, NSW in 1895. They moved
      to NZ when their two children (my father and sister)
      were young. I have most details of my own family but
      do not know when my grandfather died in New Zealand.

      JOHNSTON � William (as listed above) migrated to New
      Zealand, m. JANE MURDOCK and had one daughter, Agnes
      BRYSON b. 1895. Jane died and he married Emily
      CROCKER. They had three sons, none of whom married.
      His daughter Agnes married a William COLLIER and had a
      large family. I have a good record of this group.
      LAW � Elizabeth m. James Johnston (probably southern
      Scotland) and had a large family. SEE JOHNSTON.
      LAWLER, Maria b. 1839 in Ireland dau. of Cornelius and
      Catherine (nee BERGEN). m. Andrew CURRY 3rd.
      MCARTHUR � Mary. See Niel GRANT. Isle of SKYE
      MCINTOSH � Colin 1st b. c. 1800, d bet. 1841-1851 m.
      Anne/Ann GREY/GRAY b.c. 1800 in 1819 in KNOCKBAIN.
      Their children were Thomas b. 1825, John b. 1826,
      Colin b. 1828, Janet b. 1833, Donald b. 1836, and
      Charles b. 1837? INVERNESS and Margaret b. 1839 in
      Killearnan. I only have details of Colin and Charles
      and NEED SOME HELP WITH THE REST OF THE CHILDREN.
      MCINTOSH - Colin 2nd (as listed above). m. Mary
      LATHAM and migrated to Australia in 1854, followed by
      his brother Charles in 1856. *He and Mary later left
      for U.S.A. settled in UTAH and became Mormons. He was
      very successful there and had a son named Colin.
      *This information is from family history and has not
      been verified. HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO TRACE THIS
      FAMILY IN USA.
      MCINTOSH � Charles (as listed above) m. Margaret GRANT
      in Campbelltown, NSW, AUSTRALIA in 1859 and had a
      large family. They were my father�s grandparents. I
      have a good record of most of them.
      Colin and Charles� mother Anne (nee GRAY). Was listed
      on shipping records as living at Newtown Valley near
      Inverness, when they left Scotland.
      MCINTOSH SCOTTISH ANCESTORS THAT I HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO
      CONNECT TO MY TREE, but I know they are related in
      some way. During World War 1, my father visited two
      �uncles� in GLASGOW. One, Colin MCINTOSH was a Notary
      Public (solicitor) and he had one son (name unknown),
      who owned a clothing warehouse), and two daughters.
      One was Bethel or Withel or some name like that and
      the other Morna. Morna was, or later became a music
      teacher. They lived at 53 Woodville Gans, Langside
      but I have been informed that this address no longer
      exists. The other relation was Jack (? Nickname for
      John) MCINTOSH. He was married but had no children
      and lived near that address. He was a marine
      engineer. THIS GROUP IS A REAL MYSTERY TO ME AND SO
      FAR HAS ELUDED MY MANY SEARCHES TO CONNECT THEM TO THE
      FAMILY. Unfortunately, I do not have the wives names
      or anything that would help to identify them or the
      children. Searching for the girls brought no result.

      MCKINNON, Christina m. Edward Jacob AHRENFELD in
      London c. 1855. She was b. Fort Augustus in Scotland
      c. 1834. Any details about her family would be
      appreciated. See Edward AHRENFELD for other
      information.
      MURDOCK � Jane, NEW ZEALAND � no details known m.
      William JOHNSTON.
      POTTS � Sarah, wife of William FULLER � in ENGLAND.
      Dau. Elizabeth b. 1755 m. Benjamin GOODE.
      ROADKNIGHT, William who was married to Harriet
      TWAMLEY (possibly m. England) and father of Jane
      ROADKNIGHT b. 29 December 1925 in Tasmania m. 6
      December 1847 in Victoria to William CLARKE b. 23
      August 1827. Any details would be appreciated.
      RYEMAN � Elizabeth d. 1806 m. Thomas Brain in ENGLAND.

      SHAW � John. See Niel GRANT. Isle of SKYE.
      SMITH � Samuel b.c. 1769 and his wife Mary --- from
      WORCHESTER, England. Two sons, Edward b.c. 1797 and
      James b.c. 1803 were both tried separately for theft,
      sentenced to death and transported to Tasmania on the
      �Princess Charlotte� in 1824. Edward was possibly
      married at the time and later divorced by his wife.
      This was a common occurrence when convicts were sent
      abroad and there was no likelihood of ever returning
      to England. There were possible other siblings �
      Catherine b.c. 1791, Edward b.c. 1792, Thomas b.c.
      1799 and Mary Ann b.c. 1808. Samuel Edward also
      married a Mary (RAFFLES/ROFFLES) and his son, Samuel
      Edward 2nd m. Lucy STANIFORTH (1st wife) and their son
      Edward Albert (my grandfather) m. Annie Currie. Later
      he changed the family name to SMYTHE. I have a good
      record of the family in Australia.
      SYKES � James. (Southern Scotland) See also Agnes
      ARMSTRONG. There may have been other children besides
      William b. 1828 and Margaret. CAN ANYONE HELP?
      TWAMLEY, Harriet � see ROADKNIGHT above.
      WOODBURN, Sarah was married to William CLARKE and
      great grandmother to William Damian CLARKE listed
      above. She was probably born and married in England.
      I hold good records of most of these families
      Many Thanks
      Mardi
      http://www.capacity.net.au/mardi/index/

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/