new member

  • littlebreezeuk
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 21, 2002
      new member from UK trying to find more information about my great
      grandmothers second husband albert speight,all i know is he is from
      casleford west yorkshire.

      born in 1887 and died in 1954 aged 67yrs.
      if anyone can help it would be most appreciated.
      thankyou littlebreezeuk@...
    • Morrie Johnston
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 22, 2002
        Hi,
        My recommendation would be, if you haven't already obtained them, to get
        copies of your step grandfather's birth and death certificates. You should
        be able to search the old Birth Death and Marriage indexes, which are
        compiled quarterly. These indexes are held at the London Records Centre,
        at LDS Genealogy Libraries, and probably in larger genealogical societies in
        the UK. Recommend you try www.genuki.org for general "how to" information.
        Morrie Johnston, Sydney, NSW.

        ALSO I HAVE A BEGINERS CLASS IN GENEALOGY FOR ENGLISH RESEARCH STARTING THIS WEEK IF YOU GET BACK TO ME DIRECTLY OR READ MY WEB PAGE http://ww.familytreeresearch.net
        Bye Janet,. List owner