NEW WEB SITE -re English Docklands

  • jreakes
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 21, 2002
      Hi there

      If you are searching for ancestors from the Docklands area of
      London,UK,
      you may be interested in my website:

      www.parishregister.com

      It has the baptisms registers of St Peter's,London Docks from 1878 to
      1933
      and contains nearly 8000 entries,490 of which are Watermen and
      Lightermen
      of the river Thames,fully searchable online.

      Searching is free.It costs £2.95 to view results, part of which goes
      to St
      Peter's.
      This is cheaper than going to the Archives yourself, and also saves a
      day of
      searching.
      You can also buy the complete indexed database on microfiche if you
      find many
      names you are searching for.

      We also have ( free ) aerial maps of the area ,ancient and modern so
      that you
      can view the streets where your ancestors lived.

      Kind regards
      James Legon
      <A HREF="http://www.parishregister.com/">ParishRegister.com</A> The
      Baptisms Registers of St Peter's London Docks
      1878-1933
      Researching LEGON 1700- and GLEGHORNE before that
      ============================================================Form
      another list
    • booksakeeping
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2 3:41 PM
        Janet,

        Thanks for this info. I wonder if you can help with a suggestion of where
        to look for a family husband a Lighterman who had children c. 1830?? in and
        around St.George in the East. I don't know quite where to go first.
        I would appreciate any pointers.
        Thank you
        Judy
[...]

        Community email addresses: