1891 Census

  • Amanda Arnell-Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2002
      I have been told that a Census database will be available on the internet. I believe this is a separate thing from that on Ancestry. Does anyone know anything about it and what the web address is?

      TIA,
      Amanda.

      one answer from list owner: from GENUKI.
      The FreeCEN Project is a volunteer effort to provide a free online searchable database of the 19th century UK census returns, initially concentrating mainly on those for 1891. http://freecen.rootsweb.com/
      rOOTSWEB IS A PART OF aNCESTRY.