Scottish Family History on the Web - information needed

  • Stuart Raymond
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 20, 2001
      A little over 12 months ago I invited this newsgroup to suggest sites
      that
      they thought ought to be included in the directory of English web sites
      I was then planning. That volume has since been published, and I have
      frankly been astonished at the interest and enthusiasm it aroused. It is
      obvious that there is a need out there for more of the same.
      Accordingly, I published 'Irish Family History on the Web' a few months
      ago, and am now proceeding apace with 'Scottish Family History on the
      Web', which is almost ready to go off to the printers. Before it goes,
      however, I would like to improve it by asking Scottish readers to
      let me have information on relevant web sites that they think ought to
      be listed. The object of the exercise is to identify web-sites that are
      likely to be of relevance to all Scottish researchers (including county
      sites). I am fairly confident that I have identified the major sites,
      e.g. I have listed all the family history society sites, and all the
      major insititutions such as the National Library of Scotland. However,
      there may well be personal home pages that ought to be included and that
      have not come up in my trawl of the internet - especially if they are
      new sites. So, if anyone can help me identify such sites I would be very
      pleased to hear from them, bearing in mind that I am not intending to
      list sites relating solely to particular families.

      I anticipate publication early in the new year, & hope to be able to
      hold the price to around £5.00, so if anyone want a copy they are
      welcome to let me know that too. As usual, this book will be published
      by the FFHS.

      Stuart Raymond, Genealogical Bibliographer, Publisher & Bookseller
      P.O.Box 35, Exeter, EX1 3YZ, U.K. stuart@...
      Ph.
      (01392) 252193
      Visit http://www.soft.net.uk/samjraymond/igb.htm for British
      genealogical
      books.
      To join the mailing list genealogyuk go to
      http://www.onelist.com/subscribe.cgi/genealogyuk
      To send messages, use genealogyuk@onelist.com