Listing names

  • Val Mallon
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 11, 2001
      Hi Everyone,
      I am researching the following names -

      DOWNS, BIRKS - Lancashire
      HUNT, BROWNE - Derbyshire
      CLOSE - Northumberland
      TULK - London
      WARNER - Sussex
      MEALING, HARRIS - Kent
      FRY - Somerset
      GAZE, BRADY, CLARKE, CRANE - Norfolk
      THOMPSON, HUGHES - Scotland
      HOWE - Ireland

      Does anyone have any connection with these names? If so, would love to hear from you.

      Val Mallon, Caloundra, Qld.

    • Dorothy Ingram
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 17, 2001
        Hi Val,

        I have a Martha BIRKS, born about 1847 in London, that I am having trouble finding info on, have you come across her?

        best wishes

        Dorothy
        Does anyone have any connection with these names? If so, would love to hear from you.

        Val Mallon, Caloundra, Qld.

        Community email addresses:
        Post message: englishresearch@onelist.com
        Subscribe: englishresearch-subscribe@onelist.com

        Shortcut URL to this page:
        http://www.onelist.com/community/englishresearch

      • Barbara O Painter
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 17, 2001
          Hi Val,

          My grandmother married a FRY around 1914 and they lived in Crewkerne,
          Somerset. I don't yet know his given name and if he was originally from
          Crewkerne, but it was her second marriage later in life. Do we connect?

          Barbara
          USA

          On Wed, 12 Dec 2001 14:56:26 +1000 "Val Mallon" <vjmallon@...>
          writes:
          > Hi Everyone,
          > I am researching the following names -
          >
          > DOWNS, BIRKS - Lancashire
          > HUNT, BROWNE - Derbyshire
          > CLOSE - Northumberland
          > TULK - London
          > WARNER - Sussex
          > MEALING, HARRIS - Kent
          > FRY - Somerset
          > GAZE, BRADY, CLARKE, CRANE - Norfolk
          > THOMPSON, HUGHES - Scotland
          > HOWE - Ireland
          >
          > Does anyone have any connection with these names? If so, would love
          > to hear from you.
          >
          > Val Mallon, Caloundra, Qld.

          FRY IS VERY BIG Quaker name in BRISTOL. They are the choclote people
          aND their genealogy should be recorded in Bristol Record office
          JAnet

          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Margaret Johnston
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 17, 2001
            --- Val Mallon <vjmallon@...> wrote: > Hi
            Everyone,
            > I am researching the following names -
            >
            > DOWNS, BIRKS - Lancashire
            > HUNT, BROWNE - Derbyshire
            > CLOSE - Northumberland
            > TULK - London
            > WARNER - Sussex
            > MEALING, HARRIS - Kent
            > FRY - Somerset
            > GAZE, BRADY, CLARKE, CRANE - Norfolk
            > THOMPSON, HUGHES - Scotland
            > HOWE - Ireland
            >
            > Does anyone have any connection with these names?
            > If so, would love to hear from you.
            >
            > Val Mallon, Caloundra, Qld.

            > removed]

            > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/