RE: [englishresearch] New Member

  • Janet Bettger
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 24, 2001
      Hello to Pauline of Melbourne Australia,

      Thank you for your note on Charles Frederick COLYER - this is a branch of my
      family history that I have so far done very little investigating. All I
      have is the following:

      He is my grandfather named Charles COLLIER b. 1876/1875. I have his
      marriage and death certificate but not birth. He married Florence Sophia
      HAWES 22.05.1899 in Cavenham, Mildenhall. He was a Joiner and his father
      George Collier was a Toolmaker. An Annie Collier was witness at the
      marriage, she could be a sister or his mother. They lived at Croydon,
      Surrey, most of their married life but Charles died in London while at work
      at the age of 52 in 1928. My grandmother Florence Sophia Collier (nee
      Hawes) died aged 89 in 1966. I have managed to get back to 1867 on her side
      of the family but on looking for Charles Collier's birth certificates find
      there are rather a lot??!! I am hoping to pick up some information on the
      1901 census next year.

      If any of this seems to connect with your COLYER's please get in touch and
      share any info.

      Janet (Hampshire England)