English research from Sydney

  • Dorne Cawte
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 18, 2001
      Hi, all, Does anyone know where I can see the LDS microfilms in Sydney?
      I'll be in Sydney for 3 weeks and want to view their English 1861 census
      films and parish registers. What suburb should I go to for that?
      TIA, Dorne in Mackay Nth Queensland.
      djcawte@...
      researching CAWTE, COOK (Hampshire),
      WELLER, HYLANDS (Sussex), KENT (Warwickshire)

      DORNE - YOU CAN DO THAT IN MACKAY LDS. EVERY LIBRARY YOU MUST HIRE IN THE FILMS SO GOING TO SYDNEY ISNT AN ADVANTAGE. YOU MAY GET A CHANCE TO SEE THE FILMS AT THE CARLINGFORD LIBRARY WHERE THE CHURCH HEADQUARTERS IS, BUT EVEN SO YOU MUST ORDER AHEAD OF TIME AND IF ITS IN STOCK THEY COULD GET IT IN, SO SHORT ANSWER IS YOU CAN DO IT FROM MACKAY
      JANET