1055Re: Researching LETHABY

  • kiwi_lace2
    Dec 31, 2001
      Hi Terry

      I have now discovered a Lethaby family living in Winscombe, Somerset
      in the 1851 census. This is the only Lethaby family I have yet
      discovered that had a child John of 11 months that could be my
      Grandfather. It states he was born in Bristol. The head of house was
      John, (also born in Bristol) wife Charlotte (born Wedmore) and
      daughter Elizabeth (born Bristol). There was also an Ann Willis aged
      70 (mother-in-law) living with them. I know from my grandfathers
      death certificate that his father was also John and have recently
      learned he had a sister Elizabeth. I feel very sure this is my
      family, but where in Bristol could the birth have been? How would I
      find out? I have not seen this family on the LDS IGI.

      Any help would be appreciated. The Charles Rossiter, My grandmothers
      first husband, is not related to me, but of course is related to my
      cousins born of grandmothers first marriage.

      Thank you again for your interest Terrance.

      Chris Lethaby

      --- In englishresearch@y..., "TERRANCE PARFITT" <terry.parfitt@s...>
      wrote:
      > Dear Chris
      > This is fascinating, what an unusual name. Also have Rossiters in
      my family tree.Trying to find out who has records for Devon. Peggy
      Goodger in Birmingham has records for Somerset. Her grandmother was
      my great grandfathers youngest sister and has helped with the Parfitt
      family back to 1802.
      > Here we have Autumn, +3 this morning, have a big job to scrape up
      all the leaves!
      > Continueing my search to try and help you, but it may take time!
      > Best regards
      > Terry
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic