Re: [engineeringcivil] suggestion required

  • Mohaideen Ahmed
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2012
      Hi Sujit,

      You may refer this link,

      http://www.aema.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=79:tackcoat&catid=7:faqs&Itemid=25

      Thank you

      Regards,
      Mohaideen

      On 29 February 2012 15:07, Sujit Dhital <sujitdhital@...> wrote:

      Dear all

      I am doing premix carpeting of thickness (20mm) over the new base of thickness 15 cm. I am having a lot debate with contractor over the requirement of tack coat. I am defending the contractor that tack coat is not required for new surface and prime coat is sufficient. .I am telling them this based on the literature available to me.But they are not satisfied to me and telling to me there exist practices to have tack coat with lower spray rate.   So i need your suggest on this, whether i allow for the tack coat or take stand on my opinion. If you have any document relevant to this issue pls forward to me .

      thanks

      Sujit Dhital

    • Sagar Bhavsar
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2012
      Dear Sujit,

      Both functions of Prime Coat and Tack coat are different. Primed surface shall be allowed to cure for atleast 24 hrs and traffic shall not be opened untill the next course will be done. Attached MOST section 500, read clause 502.4.5 & Table 500-2, u will understand better . Your contractor is doing excellent job but here we have to fight lots of time for that.

      Regards.

      Sagar Bhavsar
      Sr. Engineer
      ISOLUX-CORSAN (I) Eng. & Const. Pvt. Ltd.
      9429531078
      sagar1432@...