Reading for prospective student

  • Jim Keener
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 8, 2012
      Hello,

      I currently have a BS in math and computer science and am applying to go
      back to grad school to get a masters in civil engineering, focusing on
      transportation engineering.

      I will more than likely be required to take some "catch up"
      undergraduate classes if I get accepted. I was wondering if anyone
      could recommend some reading to familiarize myself with some of the
      subject matter (either basic/core civil engineering topics or
      transportation engineering specifically) so that I'm not jumping in cold
      next semester.

      Thank you,
      Jim
    • sadia Sharmin
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 9, 2012
        Congratulations Jim!
        Its great that you are thinking to have post-graduation in civil engg.

        The core subjects you may need in post graduation is may be Hydrology, Geotechnical Engineering,
        Reinforced Concrete Design, Transportaion Engineering, Hydrulic Structures.

        Best of Luck!

        Sadia Sharmin
        Lecturer,
        University of Information Technology and Sciences.

        I currently have a BS in math and computer science and am applying to go
        back to grad school to get a masters in civil engineering, focusing on
        transportation engineering.

        I will more than likely be required to take some "catch up"
        undergraduate classes if I get accepted.  I was wondering if anyone
        could recommend some reading to familiarize myself with some of the
        subject matter (either basic/core civil engineering topics or
        transportation engineering specifically) so that I'm not jumping in cold
        next semester.

        Thank you,
        Jim

        <*> Your email settings: