I feel, you should have following, actually it will depend on the
work you are going to undertake...like, pure site visits as a PMC /Structural
Engineers or as a Dsigning, Engineering & Testing Agancy or undertaking the job:
1. Steel Tape 3/5/30 meter or Roadometer/measuring wheel
2. Sprit Digital level
3. GPS Locator
5. Stop watch
6. Scientific Calculator
7. Lappy with all softwares-Primavera, MSP,AUTOCAD,STADD, All
types of converters, small design softewares, Estimating packages etc.
8. Complete Geometry box set
9. Safety PPP-safety Shoes, Goggle, Halmet with Torch, safety
jacket -fluorescent, safety belt / harness, if doing work at height etc.
10. Dumpy Level- 10” focal
length with complete accessories - Leveling Staff –4 meters, reading up to 5 mm, telescope type
;Total station / Digital Theodolite
11. Thickness measurement gauge, micro gauge, Vernier etc
12. Metal locator, moisture ,temperature measurement devices
13. Yes, SUV- do not forget this.
I would suggest, visit one or two survey instrument /scientific
instrument suppliers /trader showroom, if you are in Delhi, go to precision
instruments, or go Daryaganj. You will be clear what you need.
Also check on Testing equipments and apparatus - if Geo-testing,
Material testing to be done; Office items and equipments;. Designing &
engineering tools - Hardware + software for - Architectural and structural
designing; external arrangement and outsourcing would be good option for
initially till settle down.