Civil engineers all tools

  • konvicted konvicted
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 2011
      Hi my engineers,

      Can all of you suggest me the all the tools name which must for a civil engineer , if he is at site or & home.
      All the tools from meter tape to digital compass + gps , cutter ,safety belt etc every thing which he have always..
      Plz reply me fast i want to buy all the things so..

      BR// CEO
      SB
    • Sanjay Sharma
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 30, 2011
        I feel, you should have following, actually it will depend on the work you are going to undertake...like, pure site visits as a PMC /Structural Engineers or as a Dsigning, Engineering & Testing Agancy or undertaking the job:

                 1. Steel Tape 3/5/30 meter or Roadometer/measuring wheel
        2. Sprit Digital level
        3. GPS Locator
        4. Compass
        5. Stop watch
        6. Scientific Calculator
        7. Lappy with all softwares-Primavera, MSP,AUTOCAD,STADD, All types of converters, small design softewares, Estimating packages etc.
        8. Complete Geometry box set
        9. Safety PPP-safety Shoes, Goggle, Halmet with Torch, safety jacket -fluorescent, safety belt / harness, if doing work at height etc.
        10. Dumpy Level- 10” focal length with complete accessories - Leveling Staff –4 meters, reading up to 5 mm, telescope type ;Total station / Digital Theodolite
        11. Thickness measurement gauge, micro gauge, Vernier etc
        12. Metal locator, moisture ,temperature measurement devices
        13. Yes, SUV- do not forget this.

        I would suggest, visit one or two survey instrument /scientific instrument suppliers /trader showroom, if you are in Delhi, go to precision instruments, or go Daryaganj. You will be clear what you need.
        Also check on Testing equipments and apparatus - if Geo-testing, Material testing to be done; Office items and equipments;. Designing & engineering tools - Hardware + software for - Architectural and structural designing; external arrangement and outsourcing would be good option for initially till settle down.
        Njoy..
        Sanjay Sharma