Re: [engineeringcivil] Crack on concrete beam

  • Amit R Goray
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 5, 2011
      In fact it sems that the beam is underdesigned ?  If there is a wall on top probably the section is underdesigned ,
      could you tell the load on the beam and also the span and dimensions of the beam , Additionally the number of bars in the beam .
      I do believe from your name that you are a srilankan , so do you refer to IS 456  of India or any other code ?

      amit

      On Fri, 2011-03-04 at 04:21 -1200, Wiliyanto Wijaya wrote:

      No, it's vertical crack  slightly  at the middle of beam span ?

      Later i ''ll attached the photograph  ...

      On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 3:57 AM, Amit R Goray <etc.amit@...> wrote:

      Is it a vertical crack or at an angle ?

      On Fri, 2011-02-25 at 02:20 -1200, Wiliyanto Wijaya wrote:

      the location of crack is in the middle of the beam, the crack is due to the shear if I analyze, the widt of the crack is more than 0,3 mm

      On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 10:09 PM, amit g <etc.amit@...> wrote:

      Differentiate based on:

      a) Location of Beam.
      b) Location of Crack.
      c) Cracks due to shear
      d) Width and depth of crack.

      On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 10:44 PM, Wiliyanto Wijaya <wijaya99@...> wrote:

      Dear guys,

      How to diferentiate  structural crack or non-structural crack on concrete Beam  ?

      thx

      Willy
      Site Engineer,

      WARINGIN MEGAH. PT