Re: [engineeringcivil] mass concrete cubes failed-reg:

  • raja rathinam
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 30, 2010
      Dear Sir,

        If u send test details of your materials, I wil give design details with higher strength.

      rajarat_tpgit@...
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 7, 2010
        Dear Sir,

        For M50, I think it is used in some important structure. Minimum required strength for 28 days for M50 is 50 N/mm2. There is so many reasons to failure the cube. U just try to find out the exact problem. I am just telling u suggetions for improvment as under.
        1. Shape factor of cube
        2. Cube casting method
        3. Mix Design review ( Mandatory to check whether Target Mean Strength Achieved or not)
        4. Change in row materials
        5. Production equipment should be proper calibrated
        6. Workmanship may be poor
        7. Check silt content in fine aggregate

        Thanks & regards

        Sagar Bhavsar