Requisition to provide the status of concrete strength

  • Sivakumar Vaithialingam
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 24, 2010
      can anyone confirm with the statement of the consulatnt:
      ' If water is added to the concrete mixture ( Grade 40, w/c ratio 0.42,admixture CFC12) in the transit mixer during the time of pouring will affect the overall strength of the concrete'.
      i want to know the percentage of strength reduction and other consequences of adding extra water based on expert opinion.
    • Sholapure
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 24, 2010

      Dear Shivkumar,

      As per your below query the consultant is right because if you add a water after arriving the concrete at site the water cement ration will change since the ready mix concrete have already the required water as per the design mix. If you add more water definitely the water cement ratio is altered and thus affecting the strength of the concrete.

      The reduction of the strength depends up on how much water has been added to the mix. The strength can be calculated as per the w/c ratio attained due to adding of water.

      can anyone confirm with the statement of the consulatnt:
      ' If water is added to the concrete mixture ( Grade 40, w/c ratio 0.42,admixture CFC12) in the transit mixer during the time of pouring will affect the overall strength of the concrete'.
      i want to know the percentage of strength reduction and other consequences of adding extra water based on expert opinion.

    • BOPPANA YUGANDHAR
      Message 3 of 5 , Oct 25, 2010
        yes.The statement of consultant is absolutely right.see the IS 456  w/c ratio vs strength of concrete graph.

        We don't know how much water was added to the concrete. so we can't tell the percentage of strength reduction.

        From

        yugandhar.boppana.

        can anyone confirm with the statement of the consulatnt:
        ' If water is added to the concrete mixture ( Grade 40, w/c ratio 0.42,admixture CFC12) in the transit mixer during the time of pouring will affect the overall strength of the concrete'.
        i want to know the percentage of strength reduction and other consequences of adding extra water based on expert opinion.

      • jaga.cpsg
        Message 4 of 5 , Oct 27, 2010
          --- In engineeringcivil@yahoogroups.com, "Sholapure" <sgsholapure@...> wrote:

          > Dear Shivkumar,
          >
          > As per your below query the consultant is right because if you add a water
          > after arriving the concrete at site the water cement ration will change
          > since the ready mix concrete have already the required water as per the
          > design mix. If you add more water definitely the water cement ratio is
          > altered and thus affecting the strength of the concrete.
          >
          > The reduction of the strength depends up on how much water has been added to
          > the mix. The strength can be calculated as per the w/c ratio attained due to
          > adding of water.

        • Na Z
          Message 5 of 5 , Nov 1, 2010

            hi ineed a pad software