What is the shape of a water droplet from a leaking tap? How does that shape change before a after dropping from the tap? What properties of fluids play a role in this change in shape?

  • Atish kumar
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 11, 2010
      What is the shape of a water droplet from a leaking tap? How does that shape change before a after dropping from the tap? What properties of fluids play a role in this change in shape?

      Atish

    • abhay mude
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 12, 2010

        This is combine effects of phenomena of surface tension and gravitational force.

        regards

        Abhay

        What is the shape of a water droplet from a leaking tap? How does that shape change before a after dropping from the tap? What properties of fluids play a role in this change in shape?

        Atish

      • vicky bob
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 20, 2010
          Hi,

          very nice question. Please share it's nswer with me..
          thankes

          What is the shape of a water droplet from a leaking tap? How does that shape change before a after dropping from the tap? What properties of fluids play a role in this change in shape?

          Atish

        • amit Dhanuka
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 21, 2010

            Hello dear

            I think surface tension and gravity both comes into picture and surface tension tries to make the droplet spherical and due to gravity it becomes oval or somewhat flatter at the bottom and like a tip at the top

            amit