Re: [engineeringcivil] hi friends

  • vimal kannan
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 3, 2010
      Dear,

      IS456 specify the minimum cement content for the structural concrete as 300kg.You can acheive upto 25N/mm2 with same cement content changing the water-cement ratio. About nominal concrete like 1:2:4 for 28days you can get 22 to 26N/sqmm. As per IS456 the minimum requirement for structural concrete is M20.

      Based on the trails with water-cement ratio you can confirm the grade as M20. And 65 to 75% will be the 7days strength.

      Regards
      vimalan kannan

      On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 10:36 AM, Dhams K <dhams_er@...> wrote:

      Dear friends,

      I just need clarification abt the grade for mix 1:2:4(someone telling it as M20 but someone telling it as M15). i know its a nominal mix but while testing for a compressive strength there was a confusion abt the 28 days strength. Also tell me how much % of strength should be obtained for 7 days strength. Is there any codes available to find out Grades for nominal mix concrete.

      With thanks & regards,

      Dhamodharan K
      Asst. Engineer,
      HSCL.

    • ramsundar c
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 3, 2010
        The mixes of grades M10, M15, M20 and M25 correspond approximately to the mix proportions (1:3:6), (1:2:4), (1:1.5:3) and (1:1:2) respectively. its just a nominal mix, n changes as per different factors.

        --- In engineeringcivil@yahoogroups.com, Dhams K <dhams_er@...> wrote:

        > Dear friends,
        > I just need clarification abt the grade for mix 1:2:4(someone telling it as M20 but someone telling it as M15). i know its a nominal mix but while testing for a compressive strength there was a confusion abt the 28 days strength. Also tell me how much % of strength should be obtained for 7 days strength. Is there any codes available to find out Grades for nominal mix concrete.
        >
        > With thanks & regards,
        >
        > Dhamodharan KAsst. Engineer,HSCL.

      • Mukesh Chellani
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 3, 2010
          7 days strength is approx. 70% of  the design strength

          Mukesh Chelani

          The mixes of grades M10, M15, M20 and M25 correspond approximately to the mix proportions (1:3:6), (1:2:4), (1:1.5:3) and (1:1:2) respectively. its just a nominal mix, n changes as per different factors.

          --- In engineeringcivil@ yahoogroups. com, Dhams K <dhams_er@.. .> wrote:

          > Dear friends,
          > I just need clarification abt the grade for mix 1:2:4(someone telling it as M20 but someone telling it as M15). i know its a nominal mix but while testing for a compressive strength there was a confusion abt the 28 days strength. Also tell me how much % of strength should be obtained for 7 days strength. Is there any codes available to find out Grades for nominal mix concrete.
          >
          > With thanks & regards,
          >
          > Dhamodharan KAsst. Engineer,HSCL.

        • Aliraza
          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 14, 2010
            can any one give the simple book of " Design of Steel Structure" by ASI and LRFD method. and also the drawings and report of construction of Petrol Station project.
            thanks
          • sakthi vel
            Message 5 of 16 , May 10, 2010

              i am doing project my project tittle is planning designing and analysing of multistory residential building  i want detail about related this tittle

            • Lal Khan
              Message 6 of 16 , May 11, 2010
                Hi
                 Can some body give me the comparison of different cement OPC 33 grade,43,53, PPC, slag cement.
                Regards
                Lal khan

                --
                Lal Khan

                SPECIFIC PROJECTS (P)
                C-557, Pocket 11, Jasola Vihar
                New Delhi 110025
                # 011 26940947 ,# 9810020947
              • aslamkhan222
                Message 7 of 16 , May 12, 2010
                  Hi,

                  The difference between OPC 33, 43 & 53 is for the minimum required Characteristic compressive strength at 28 days of curing ie 33 Mpa,43Mpa & 53Mpa.

                  PPC is Portland Pozolana Cement containing pozolana such as Fly ash GGBS etc.

                  Slag cement is cement containing slag.

                  Regards.

                  Aslam.

                  --- In engineeringcivil@yahoogroups.com, Lal Khan <laal.khan@...> wrote:

                  > Hi
                  > Can some body give me the comparison of different cement OPC 33
                  > grade,43,53, PPC, slag cement.
                  > Regards
                  > Lal khan
                  >

                  > On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 2:16 PM, sakthi vel <sweetheart.vel@...>wrote:
                  >

                  > > i am doing project my project tittle is planning designing and analysing of
                  > > multistory residential building i want detail about related this tittle
                  > >

                  > --
                  > Lal Khan
                  >
                  > SPECIFIC PROJECTS (P)
                  > C-557, Pocket 11, Jasola Vihar
                  > New Delhi 110025
                  > # 011 26940947 ,# 9810020947

                • aslamkhan222
                  Message 8 of 16 , May 12, 2010
                    Hi,

                    The difference between OPC 33, 43 & 53 is for the minimum required Characteristic compressive strength at 28 days of curing ie 33 Mpa,43Mpa & 53Mpa.

                    PPC is Portland Pozolana Cement containing pozolana such as Fly ash GGBS etc.

                    Slag cement is cement containing slag.

                    Regards.

                    Aslam.

                    --- In engineeringcivil@yahoogroups.com, Lal Khan <laal.khan@...> wrote:

                    > Hi
                    > Can some body give me the comparison of different cement OPC 33
                    > grade,43,53, PPC, slag cement.
                    > Regards
                    > Lal khan
                    >

                    > On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 2:16 PM, sakthi vel <sweetheart.vel@...>wrote:
                    >

                    > > i am doing project my project tittle is planning designing and analysing of
                    > > multistory residential building i want detail about related this tittle
                    > >

                    > --
                    > Lal Khan
                    >
                    > SPECIFIC PROJECTS (P)
                    > C-557, Pocket 11, Jasola Vihar
                    > New Delhi 110025
                    > # 011 26940947 ,# 9810020947

                  • faraz
                    Message 9 of 16 , May 21, 2010
                      hi friend well my self faraz jafri being a student of urban engineering (town planning)...i want to know what scope it has in the world especially in asia
                    • devsethu@ymail.com
                      Message 10 of 16 , Oct 2, 2011
                        please send me the pdf copy of limitstate design of reinforced concrete by P.C.Varghese.,and structural dynamics theory and computation by Mario Paz

                        thank u
                      • alex nich
                        Message 11 of 16 , Sep 19, 2013
                           i am civil engg student,
                          how to read the engg drawings inprofessional work?
                          plz help me