Construction of Road

  • mohammad inti. alam
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 6, 2009

      Dear Friends,
      Greetings,

      I want details for road construction :

      1. How many type of roads,

      2. Method statement for different items and

      3.How we proceed in initial stages.

      With regards,

      Alam , New -Delhi .{+919958147920]

      On Fri, 06 Nov 2009 09:30:34 +0530 wrote

      i agree wid uFrom: Anil Kumar Vishwanathula To: engineeringcivil@yahoogroups.comSent: Thu, 5 November, 2009 4:24:55 PMSubject: Re: [engineeringcivil] HELP ME WITH THIS!!! about correct answer?

      Dear Dilip Paliwal

      Thanks for your information.
      Buti am seeing this discussion about one week and it is not ending.
      What is the point of Wastingtime for the discussion of volumes and weights?
      We can even find these thing in google itselfand we need to know the unitweights of materials first.
      These are the basic things, an engineer should know. If anyone feels hurted by this openionI am sorry for that.

      Thanks & Regards
      Anil Kumar V

      From: dilip paliwal To: engineeringcivil@ yahoogroups. comSent: Tue, November 3, 2009 11:20:02 AMSubject: Re: [engineeringcivil] HELP ME WITH THIS!!! about correct answer?

      You are correct Mr.Anil,but for the information of all ,I should tell that :
      1.The dia of bar"d"used in this formula must be in mm
      2.The result obtained is the value of Weight in Kg per metre of the steel bars
      3.The weight of steel per cum is normally taken for verification of this formulaas 7850 kg
      4.The dia of bar taken is normally nominal dia which is not the outer diabut at the centre of ribbed corrugation of steel bars
      5.Practically weight of rusted steel normally comes more than the standard weight,but after sand blasting/sand papering the rusted layerisblown off, resulting in the lesser dia & hence the lesser weight of steel barsDILIP PALIWAL
      Chartered Civil Engineer,Tolaram Group,Singapore
      Hypo Hygiene Products Ltd
      C/O Lucky Fibres PLC,
      Km 5,Itoikin Road,Ikorodu,
      LAGOS,Nigeria (West Africa)
      Mobile Phone No.+2348057400029(office), +2348024061623 (Residence)
      Extn : 6081 (Project Office) , 6012 (Residence No.11,)

      From: Anil Kumar Vishwanathula To: engineeringcivil@ yahoogroups. comSent: Tue, November 3, 2009 5:19:09 AMSubject: Re: [engineeringcivil] HELP ME WITH THIS!!! about correct answer?

      The Second one is wrong.
      If you work out (pi()/4)*7850* 10^-6=1/162. 2 or 0.00616.
      You can check it with calculator.
      Thanks & Regards
      Anil Kumar V

      From: hs sekhon To: engineeringcivil@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, November 2, 2009 1:21:09 PMSubject: Re: [engineeringcivil] HELP ME WITH THIS!!! about correct answer?

      dear friends before posting your answer please verify it twice because
      wt of steel bars usedRCC will be = dxd /162 as per johnsi rani
      weight of steel per meter length=d x d 162.2as per diljit singh chaudhary

      out of above both which is wrong ?
      From: johnsi rani Subject: Re: [engineeringcivil] HELP ME WITH THIS!!!To: engineeringcivil@ yahoogroups. comDate: Monday, 2 November, 2009, 10:02 AM

      normally we can used a rule to find out wt of steel is = Area x thickness x density of Steel
      If it is RHS means Area x thichness and multiplied by 7850 kg/m3
      The short method to find the wt of steel bars usedRCC will be = dxd /162

      From: diljeetsinghchaudha ry diljeetsinghchaudha ry Subject: Re: [engineeringcivil] HELP ME WITH THIS!!!To: engineeringcivil@ yahoogroups. comDate: Sunday, 1 November, 2009, 2:15 PM

      weight of steel per meter length=d x d 162.2 where d=dia. of steel in mm .....and weight will be in kg....

      From: hammad salahuddin To: engineeringcivil@ yahoogroups. comSent: Sat, 31 October, 2009 11:00:59 PMSubject: Re: [engineeringcivil] HELP ME WITH THIS!!!

      HI,
      I can only answer your first question i.e how to calculate the weight of steel

      . For this you must know the dimensions of steel bar. then you can easily find out the volume of the steel bar by π* r2h,if it is circular. the density of steel is 7850 kg/m^3.

      as density = mass/ volume
      so mass = density * volume
      by putting the values, we get the mass of steel.

      Regards,
      From: WASIM MUHAMMAD Subject: [engineeringcivil] HELP ME WITH THIS!!!To: engineeringcivil@ yahoogroups. comDate: Saturday, October 31, 2009, 11:03 AM

      respected all ...how r u ? i hope and pray u'll all b fine.can any body give me few answers?how to calculate the weight of steel ?how to calculate the hydraulic statement of sewer lines of a sewerage scheme?how to make analysis of manhole ?ill b waiting for the answers from your good selves .....take care of your self and pray for all.bye

      Yahoo! India has a new look. Take a sneak peek.

      Now, send attachments up to 25MB with Yahoo! India Mail. Learn how.

      Keep up with people you care about with Yahoo! India Mail. Learn how.

      From cricket scores to your friends. Try the Yahoo! India Homepage!

    • hamid Naveed
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 6, 2009
        Dear Friend,

        Its not possible to answer completly to your questions. so ask the question which u want to know in urgent.
        if u want complete detail then i will send u some good books on Road Engineering. from where u can find each and every thing related to highway engineering

        Hamid Naveed Ahmad

        From: diljeetsinghchaudha ry diljeetsinghchaudha ry Subject: Re: [engineeringcivil] HELP ME WITH THIS!!!To: engineeringcivil@ yahoogroups. comDate: Sunday, 1 November, 2009, 2:15 PM

        weight of steel per meter length=d x d 162.2 where d=dia. of steel in mm .....and weight will be in kg....