Re: [engineeringcivil] can you help me?

  • jorge alberto uriarte perez
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 7, 2009
      The information you provide is too little. One option could be a prestreseed hollow box girder, or a steel box girder, but the class of structure or your architectural limits can let you use those solutions or maybe not.

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 7, 2009
        yes it is true that 3d is the best solution for that kind of problem

      • civengbridge
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 10, 2009
          I will tell you something, I have designed bridges, one single span, 100 ft. long, supporting two t3s2r4 truck load, and the resulting prestressed beams were aashto type IV modified, so more or less you need a 1.85 to 2.00 m. height prestressed girder, but AS I Told you, you must prove a prestressed concrete box girder or a steel box beam, it has a lot more torsional resuistance that other girders and i Hoope it would be a fair solution, that is if the architect do not denied it. Jorge, structural engineer., from mexico(Born culiacan, sinaloa ).
        • AMBREEN OWAIS
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 12, 2009
            thanks a lot Jorge,I am working over it...I tried  AASHTO Type IV but the issue is of section modulus.The procedure I am following is demanding to first calculate "structural" section modulus.Structural section modulus means that the value is a function of "effectiveness ratio R",dead and live loads moments,allowable tensile stress immediately after transfer of prestress force and allowable compressive stress at service load after all loses.
            Any way thanks a lot for giving confident thoughts.

            Regards
            Ambreen Owais

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 13, 2009
              Dear ambrim, I told you about aashto type IV modified, and the modification is that this has an more robust top flange, but the level of your loads is mandatory and the loads you wrote are really heavy. I want to tell you again, your solution is a medium box girder, prestressed concrete made or made with steel plates. Another solution could be a double tee prestressed concrete element. All in all another mandatory issue is your galibo or free vertical distance between floor level and bottom girder flange level, or installations (electrical, sanitaey,...). You have to make the choice. best and king regards, Jorge Alberto Uriarte Perez, c.e., s.e., dam structural elements designer, bridges, intakes, hydropower structures, hydropower electric generation structural elements designer, Crane Girder, Crane Bridge, etc.