RE: [engineeringcivil] help in pile design

  • S. Boopathyraja
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 4, 2009

      Dear meera,

       First u consider the SBC value for Designing the foundation. If the SBC is High u can go to the Combined footing also. There is no criteria for all foundations should be laid in rock stratum only.  U say that Isolated footing is enough for ur conditions but ur problem is only overlap. So u can design as combined footing.

      Boopathyraja.S | Senior Design Engineer | EDRC-Buildings & Factories

      Larsen & Toubro Limited-Ecc Divison |Chennai-600 089 |
      )| +91 98945 83549 | ( |044-2252 8134 |* sboopa@...

      untitled

      From: Sheetal Kumari <sheetalkri@...>
      Subject: Re: [engineeringcivil] help in pile design [2 Attachments]
      To: engineeringcivil@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, 2 June, 2009, 7:36 PM

      hi meera , i want know that what is pile design

[...]

        Tamil Velu
        Asst Manager - Contracting,
        Bangalore.
        Mob: 9886311860
      • S. Boopathyraja
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 7, 2009

          Dear  Velu,

                      Normally for sea shore building pile foundation is preferable because for his poor SBC value. Suppose the soil as quite strength u can go to Raft foundation. For 800Sqft G.F building raft foundation is sufficient.

          hi

          Regards,

          Boopathyraja.S