  • mohankarthy
    Message 1 of 19 , Jul 10, 2008

      earthquake engineering ......arya a.s  ............i want pls

      Rediff Shopping
    • Kanwarjot Singh
      Message 2 of 19 , Jul 10, 2008
        Check out this presentation..

        http://www.engineeringcivil.com/presentation-on-earthquake.html

        earthquake engineering ......arya a.s  ............ i want pls

        Rediff Shopping

      • BOOPATHYRAJA SUBRAMANIAN
        Message 3 of 19 , Jul 17, 2008
          PLEASE REFER PREVIOUS MESSAGES IN GROUP.IT REALLY HELP FOR U..........

          On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 5:31 PM, mohankarthy <mohankarthy_ce@...> wrote:

          i want some engg civil books

          Citigold

          --
          Thanks & Regards
          sboopa
          Message 4 of 19 , Aug 2, 2008
            http://www.4shared.com/dir/6945684/51a52a20/Foundations.html

            http://www.4shared.com/dir/6061692/73702bab/Geotechnical_Engineering.html

            thanks

            sadaf

            earthquake engineering ......arya a.s  ............ i want pls

            Rediff Shopping

          • hammad salahuddin
            Message 5 of 19 , Apr 17, 2009
              follow this link.Here are some useful lectures of project management
              http://www.pec.org.pk/lecture_CEC4.aspx

              Message 6 of 19 , Jun 13, 2009

                Sir,

                   Am looking for job..please go through the attachment for my resume.

                P. Gobu. B.E
                Civil Engineer
                9789901887

                Message 7 of 19 , Jun 13, 2009
                • 1 Attachment
                • 69 KB

                sir,

                   Am looking for job in chennai. please go through the attachment for my resume

                Thanks and Regards

                P. Gobu. B.E
                Civil Engineer
                9789901887

                Message 8 of 19 , Jun 20, 2009
                  Dear friends,

                  Please send me the below book which can be very helpful for me.

                  Thanks in advance

                  E.Harikrishnan

                  Message 9 of 19 , Oct 28, 2009
                    what is meant by water cement ratio?

                    On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 7:07 PM, purushothaman.k purushothaman.k <purushothcena@...> wrote:
                    quantitative sandhya

                    On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 8:29 PM, Sandhya <sandya4512@...> wrote:

                    Can any one tell me where i will get information about housing situations in India..quantitative and qualitative policies and programmes..

                  • hamid Naveed
                    Message 10 of 19 , Oct 28, 2009

                      Water-cement ratio is the ratio of weight of water to the weight of cement used in a concrete mix. It has an important influence on the quality of concrete produced. A lower water-cement ratio leads to higher strength and durability, but may make the mix more difficult to place. Placement difficulties can be resolved by using plasticizer. The water-cement ratio is independent of the total cement content (and the total water content) of a concrete mix.

                      Often, the water to cement ratio is characterized as the water to cement plus pozzolan ratio, w/(c+p). The pozzolan is typically a fly ash, or blast furnace slag. It can include a number of other materials, such as silica fume, rice hull ash or natural pozzolans. The addition of pozzolans will influence the strength gain of the concrete.

                      The concept of water-cement ratio was developed by Duff A. Abrams and first published in 1918.

                      Concrete hardens as a result of the chemical reaction between cement and water (known as hydration). For every 4 lbs of cement, 1 lb of water is needed to fully complete the reaction. This results in a water-cement ratio of 1:4 or 25%. In reality, a mix formed with 25% water is too dry and does not flow well enough to be placed, and some of the water is taken up by the sand and stone and is not available to participate in the hydration reaction. So more water is used then is technically necessary to react with the cement. More typical Water-Cement ratios of 35% to 40% are used, along with a plasticizer.

                      Too much water will result in settling and segregation of the sand/stone components (more sand in the top layers because the stone will settle at the bottom). Also, any water that is not consumed by the hydration reaction will eventually leave the concrete as it hardens, resulting in microscopic pores or holes that will reduce the final strength of the concrete (but interestingly - microscopic pores or holes are desired in outdoor concrete that gets wet while experiencing low temperatures resulting in freeze-thaw cycles. For flatwork (driveways, steps, sidewalks, etc) an air-entrainment agent is added to create small bubbles in the concrete. This helps the finished, hardened concrete resist fracturing caused by freeze-thaw temperature cycling. Finished, hardened concrete can be as much as 6% air (by volume) because of this).

                      And finally, a mix with too much water will experience more shrinkage as the excess water leaves, resulting in internal cracks and visible fractures (particularly around inside corners) which again will reduce the final strength. Anyone who has set wooden fence posts in concrete piers will probably notice cracks radiating from the corners of the post. This can be reduced by keeping the water to an absolute minimum.

                      Thanks & Regard

                      Hamid Naveed Ahmad.

                      Message 11 of 19 , Jun 28, 2010
                        World's first ‘building in motion’ ready in 2 years
                        Copyright - Dynamic Architecture/David Fisher

                        Rotating Tower design will begin construction in next few weeks
                        On Tuesday 24th June, press were treated to an introduction to the
                        world’s first ‘building in motion’. Rotating Tower, designed by
                        Italian architect David Fisher, is expected to move from design to
                        reality in less than two years.

                        The design, in collaboration with British firm Dynamic Architecture
                        Group, will be premiered in two locations: Moscow and Dubai which were
                        chosen for very different reasons. Dubai was Fisher’s first choice for
                        the tower. He said: “Dubai is a city of the future and I think that
                        the building of the future should be in the city of the future.” He
                        took inspiration from UAE Vice President and Dubai ruler, Sheikh
                        Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, who told him: “Don’t wait for the
                        future, face the future.” Moscow got involved by approaching Fisher
                        who accepted the Russians proposal knowing that they would be 'fast at
                        putting things together'.

                        Dubai’s building will reach 80 floors: The top 10 floors will be used
                        for luxury ‘Villa’ style apartments, below which a further 35 floors
                        of accommodation, then the 15 floors below will comprise an
                        extravagant hotel and the lowest 20 floors used as retail space.

                        The segmented tower design will allow each floor to turn independently
                        using voice recognition technology and giving those inside an
                        ever-changing view over the space of 1 to 3 hours. In the Dubai
                        building the voice recognition will be able to interpret such
                        instructions as ‘left’ or ‘right’ in English, Arabic or Italian but
                        any language could be programmed in for further buildings.

                        It was suggested by one journalist that there may be difficulties when
                        one floor is occupied by more than one tenant. Fisher responded that
                        the architects would be able to adapt a building in whichever way
                        necessary to suit their needs and added: “It opens a way of
                        thinking... people start to think in a different direction.”

                        Rotating Tower is the Italian architect’s first skyscraper design but
                        he is confident that he will be able to pull off the concept, first
                        listing his experience in the architecture world and then by stating:
                        “I did not design skyscrapers but I feel completely ready to do so.”

                        The Rotating Tower design uses photovoltaic cells and wind turbine
                        technology to collect enough energy to power itself and Fisher says
                        they ‘will have some so we can sell to the neighbours’. The cells
                        which will be placed on the top surface of each floor will be 15% open
                        to the sun’s rays on all 80 floors for the full day helping to power
                        the building.

                        It is hoped that the tower’s design could be adaptable worldwide with
                        the same power generation capabilities. Fisher said: “Most cities in
                        the world have enough wind to power these turbines – we have used
                        German technology and are testing in Italy and it seems we have enough
                        power” (for the current buildings).

                        The towers will also be the first skyscrapers to be entirely
                        constructed from prefabricated parts put together in a factory in
                        Southern Italy by a team of 600 in the facility and 80 on-site. Moscow
                        and Dubai’s towers will begin construction in the next few weeks in
                        Italy where the bathrooms, the most complicated part of the design
                        according to Fisher, will be created and it is hoped they will be able
                        to break ground in the next couple of months. While there has been
                        interest from several countries throughout the world Fisher hopes that
                        New York will be the next to pick up on the concept.
                      • Vignesh Aravinthan
                        Message 12 of 19 , Dec 12, 2010
                        hai,i have attached a lecture notes which i have with me,,,,,,jus chk it

                        Message 13 of 19 , Aug 4, 2011

                          Hi,

                          Attached, SP-20, at my rapid.

                          https://rapidshare.com/files/2694822255/SP20.pdf

                          Tx

                          Sanjay Sharma

                          Message 14 of 19 , Mar 11, 2012
                          Sayyed TanvirAli
                          Tanveervali@...
                          +91 9099507779
                          +91 9975281561
                          Bombay

                          Sent from my Nokia phone
                          Message 15 of 19 , Jun 24, 2012
                          Sayyed TanveerAli.
                          tanveervali@...
                          Bombay.
                          +91 9099507779
                          +91 9975281561

                          Sent from my Nokia phone
                          Message 16 of 19 , Jun 26, 2012

                             NO ONE IN THE GROUP CANNOT GET THE ATTACHMENTS OF URS IN THE MAIL IN "Pdf" FORMAT... SO, PLEASE SEND THE ATTACHMENTS,WHICH MAY BECOME USEFUL FOR GROUP MEMBERS
                            Krish

                            I m preparing a report on natural Draft Cooling Tower(NDCT) of a thermal power plant
                            i want your help to complete the report  ....so provide me any data related to the topic....

                            $ud$

                          • Azeez Abayomi
                            Message 17 of 19 , Jul 26, 2013
                              Gud day greatest civilian, can someone send me a rate analysis for a complete road project. Pls i need it urgently

                              ------------------------------

                            • lmveldnmilis@...
                              Message 18 of 19 , Sep 16, 2013
                                Dear all
                                If any one has full edition of circly 5,0 (base on pavement design of austroads), please share cause i need to do my research using this program, thx.
                                Powered by Telkomsel BlackBerry®
                              • lmveldnmilis@...
                                Message 19 of 19 , Sep 28, 2013
                                  Powered by Telkomsel BlackBerry®