SOP IN CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY

  • aamit_69
    Message 1 of 23 , Mar 21, 2014
      WITH VERY SMALL PROJECT OF 50 TO 100 RESIDENTILA FLATS WANTS TO IMPLEMENTS SOP AND BENCHMARK THE QUALITY.

      PL FWD THE SOP STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE / STD PRACTICES APPLICABLE IN THIS REGARDS
    • vicky bob
      Message 2 of 23 , Apr 9, 2014
        Hi Aamit,

        I'm doing PMC for lot of projects as this is my specialization. Lets fix up a meeting to discuss further on this.

        Regards
        Vikram
        9910388348
        On Wednesday, 2 April 2014 7:50 PM, "aamit_69@..." <aamit_69@...> wrote:

        WITH VERY SMALL PROJECT OF 50 TO 100 RESIDENTILA FLATS WANTS TO IMPLEMENTS SOP AND BENCHMARK THE QUALITY.

        PL FWD THE SOP STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE / STD PRACTICES APPLICABLE IN THIS REGARDS

      • Safer Khan
        Message 3 of 23 , Apr 17, 2014
          what is mean by  M20  anyone can explain me
          On Wednesday, April 2, 2014 7:20 PM, "aamit_69@..." <aamit_69@...> wrote:

          WITH VERY SMALL PROJECT OF 50 TO 100 RESIDENTILA FLATS WANTS TO IMPLEMENTS SOP AND BENCHMARK THE QUALITY.

          PL FWD THE SOP STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE / STD PRACTICES APPLICABLE IN THIS REGARDS

        • dhanush durai

                    Message 9 of 23 , May 11, 2014
                      Which code give you this ratio and this cement?
                      This is wrong.

                      Message 10 of 23 , May 11, 2014
                        1:2:4 is only M15 if required M20 we have to slightly  modify mix  as design mix to get strength

                        K.S. Venkataraman

                        Message 11 of 23 , May 12, 2014
                          M20: M= Mix Design
                          20= characteristic comreive strength of concrete at 28 days of currring.
                          M20 mix ratio is 1: 1.5: 3 contains 6.90 bags of cement

                          M20 mix ratio is 1: 1.5: 3 contains 8.64 bags of cement

                              M20 is Grade of Concrete Means Mix ratio 20 is related strenth... M20 = 1:2:4 mix ratio. 1cum of M20 contains 6.22 bags of cement.
                              On Thursday, April 17, 2014 11:27 PM, Safer Khan <engr_safer50@...> wrote:

                              what is mean by  M20  anyone can explain me
                              On Wednesday, April 2, 2014 7:20 PM, "aamit_69@..." <aamit_69@...> wrote:

                              WITH VERY SMALL PROJECT OF 50 TO 100 RESIDENTILA FLATS WANTS TO IMPLEMENTS SOP AND BENCHMARK THE QUALITY.

                              PL FWD THE SOP STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE / STD PRACTICES APPLICABLE IN THIS REGARDS

                            • konvicted konvicted
                              Message 14 of 23 , May 24, 2014
                                You said how to calculate cement bag in ration...

                                Sol : Lets take M20 : 1:1.5:3 , Vol. of Mixture - 1Cum

                                3 is aggregate , 1.5 is Dust , 1 is cement

                                Lets do : 1+1.5+3 = 5.5

                                Aggregate := (3/5.5)*1
                                                = 0.54 mt
                                Dust : (1.5/5.5)*1
                                           = 0.27
                                Cement : = (1/5.5)*1
                                           = 0.18
                                Now in cement we have to find out bag

                                So, Vol. of cement x Density / 50

                                Vol. of cement = 0.18
                                Density = 1440

                                So we do,  =(0.18*1440) /50
                                                = 5.23 bags

                                Include Wastage = 5%

                                Aprrox 6 bags in 1 cum mixture of M20

                                --
                                BR\\ CEO\\ SB
                                Sanins Infra Solution
                                Message 15 of 23 , Jun 11, 2014

                                  Hi
                                  M20 is a concrete having charecteristic compressive strength of 20N/sq.mm or more on 28th day. All of us agree to it.

                                  But difference in opinion is on how to obtain it. There are two ways as approved by Indian standards. Firstly by mix design as per IS 10262 Second way is to use the nominal mix proposed by IS456:2000

                                  Nominal mix for shall be proportioned as per table 9 of IS 456. As per table 9 of Is 456, Total quantity of aggregate is 250kg per 50kg of cement (1 bag ) Total aggregate can be proportioned in a ratio 1:1.5 to 1:2.5 (taken normally as 1:2) with maximum water content of 30l.

                                  The minimum cement content and maximum free water cement ratio can be obtained from table 5 for the required exposure conditions and grade of concrete.

                                  Regards,
                                  Vaisakh Gopinadhan
                                  Principal Consultant,
                                  TEC Engineering & Contracting,
                                  Punnala, Piravanthoor Via,
                                  Kollam, Kerala, India
                                  http://vaisakhg.blogspot.com/
                                  Mobile +91 9656840794

                                  On May 24, 2014 2:16 PM, "konvicted konvicted sanjay.konvict@... [engineeringcivil]" <engineeringcivil@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

[...]

                                      Posted by: Vaisakh Gopinadhan <tec.cea@...>
                                    • Bijup Varghese

                                          Message 20 of 23 , Jul 11, 2014

                                            Hi
                                            The proportion given in the code is only nominal. It is so designed that it may yield the required strength in 95% cases. Not to yield exactly 20MPa.
                                            Same is the case of mix design. If you design for M20, it is not expected to give you exactly 20MPa . It is coupled with a standard deviation. Those mix which gives you exactly 20 MPa cannot be called as M20. Please read acceptance criteria in IS 456 : 2000.

                                            The difference lies in the testing of materials. In design mixes, we are testing properties of material, and hence the designer can work with closer tolerances. In the case of nominal mix which is not based on material properties, the tolerances will be more and hence the mix will be more uneconomical.

                                            On Jun 21, 2014 1:50 PM, "Bijup Varghese bijup.varghese@... [engineeringcivil]" <engineeringcivil@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

[...]

                                                Chander Bhal Rai
                                                Head Of Civil Engineering Department
                                                S.C.E.R.T BBK.