High Flood Level Calculation, Runoff Estimates

  • sajaad ali soomro
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 19, 2012

     Dear Sir,

    there is no any much hydraulic concern with bridges you just have only think about water way considering your max. flood level of river you are talking about. the load should be kept in mind is 30 tons.
    about HFL the most reliable method is that go in field and observe HFL water mark which was left by the max. flood.
    kindly get attachment for the formula which i used for the same....

    Engr Sajaad Ali Soomro
    Civil Engineer (Water Resources) Hyderabad
    Louis Berger International
    Phone (Work): 92 222 730392
    Mobile: 92 333 2770889

    All civil engineers are requested to get me hydraulic design for construction of road bridge across small river across  state highway and other district road highway. Is there any empirical formulae or charts? to find catchment area, run off, discharge of flood, HFL etc. Tell me reference book or journal also.

  • Alhaj Eng Din M
    Message 2 of 4 , Nov 20, 2012