6062Re: [engineeringcivil] mass concrete cubes failed-reg:

  • Sagar Bhavsar
    Nov 7, 2010
      Dear Sir,

      For M50, I think it is used in some important structure. Minimum required strength for 28 days for M50 is 50 N/mm2. There is so many reasons to failure the cube. U just try to find out the exact problem. I am just telling u suggetions for improvment as under.
      1. Shape factor of cube
      2. Cube casting method
      3. Mix Design review ( Mandatory to check whether Target Mean Strength Achieved or not)
      4. Change in row materials
      5. Production equipment should be proper calibrated
      6. Workmanship may be poor
      7. Check silt content in fine aggregate

      Thanks & regards

      Sagar Bhavsar

      Material Engineer

      IRB Infrastructures Developers Ltd.

      9429531078

      sagar1432@...

      From: S baskar <nafa_akce@...>
      To: engineeringcivil@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, 27 October, 2010, 1:16 PM

      Dear sir,
      As we r using M50 grade of concrete for mass concrete.herewith i want to know how much cubes failed can be permissible at mass concrete cubes testing.is there any solutions?
      regards,
      BASKAR

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic