3673Re: [engineeringcivil] HELP ME WITH THIS!!!

  • diljeetsinghchaudhary diljeetsinghchaudha
    Nov 1, 2009

      weight of steel per meter length=d x d 162.2   where d=dia. of steel in mm .....and weight will be in kg....

      From: hammad salahuddin <hammads88@...>
      To: engineeringcivil@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sat, 31 October, 2009 11:00:59 PM
      Subject: Re: [engineeringcivil] HELP ME WITH THIS!!!

      HI,
       I can only answer your first question i.e how to calculate the weight of steel

      . For this you must know the dimensions of steel bar. then you can easily find out the volume of the steel bar by π* r2h,if it is circular. the density of steel is 7850 kg/m^3.

      as  density = mass/ volume
      so mass = density * volume
      by putting the values, we get the mass of steel.

      Regards,
      Hammad Salahuddin.