12431Re: [engineeringcivil] Re: Construction of second floor of Building

  • Mehrdad Abdoli
    Nov 5, 2013
      i think you shoud look the coomn and beams and determine thecapacity and then you chose if beams and colomn can crry the second story load you can build it and if not you cant

      On Sunday, September 22, 2013 7:23 PM, rajput_dhiraj09 <rajput_dhiraj09@...> wrote:

      --- In engineeringcivil@yahoogroups.com, hammad salahuddin <hammads88@...> wrote:
      > Dear All,
      > Can any one please tell me that what are the parameters we have to check before construction of second story.?
      > we have two buildings, one is beam column structure, and the other is having beams and load bearing walls. both buildings are single story. we have to build another story on those.. how can we determine whether those buildings can take loads of second story or not.?
      > Regards.
      Check the load carrying capacity along with the stability of existing footings and columns and than act accordingly.
      all the best.

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic