Mercury Levels Rising: Report Release

  • Nick
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2006
      Fellow enviros,

      For almost two years, we've been gathering hair samples from Greenpeace
      supporters across the country. On February 8, we released the results of
      our nationwide mercury study,
      <http://www.greenpeace.org/usa/news/mercury-report> and the results are
      alarming. Over *one in five* women of childbearing age tested above the
      limit the Environmental Protection Agency set as safe.

      The even more chilling news is that earlier this year in his State of
      the Union speech
      <http://members.greenpeace.org/action/start.php?action_id=80&ref_source=listsmercury>
      to Congress, President Bush called for more energy investment in dirty
      fossil fuels, including coal, the largest source of mercury pollution in
      the country.

      Tell Congress that America doesn't need more coal and mercury
      <http://members.greenpeace.org/action/start.php?action_id=80&ref_source=listsmercury>
      to be spewed into our environment, our waterways and our bodies. A
      healthy, sustainable energy futures begins with increased investments in
      clean, renewable energy, not dirty fossil fuels.

      Best,

      Nick
      Greenpeace
      www.greenpeaceusa.org

      ~~~~~~~ EnergyResources Moderator Comment ~~~~~~~~

      And what investments should we make in clean, renewable energy?

      ~~~~~ EnergyResources Moderator Tom Robertson ~~~~~~