Re: 'Urgency' for a U.S. moratorium on all airport expansion projects (ARECO)

  • liam_cranley
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 29, 2004
      Fred Hutter: Spare me the 'rail.. loosing forty bucks a trip': the
      uncosted externalities of road & air transport are astronomical. If
      your implication is that any solutions need to work within the
      current economic paradigm, you'll never find any. How do you think we
      got into this mess?

      Liam Cranley

      --- In energyresources@yahoogroups.com, Fred Hutter <fredh@s...>
      wrote:
      > any "support and urgency" is clearly a figment of yer imagination.
      >
      > oh, and i luv the one about hi-speed rail; tell me one system that
      > doesn't lose 40 buck per passenger per trip? where is that money
      gonna
      > come from if ya already have a half-trillion deficit?
      > fh
      >
      > Pat J Neuman wrote:
      >
      > >"Now, more than ever, there is support and urgency
      > >to demand a U.S. moratorium on all airport expansion
      > >projects currently in the works, until the details of the
      > >Pentagon report have been fully vetted."

    • Mike Harrington
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2004
        Airlines in the US receive 40% more general fund revenues than transit systems and Amtrak combined.

        Pat J Neuman wrote:
        "Now, more than ever, there is support and urgency
        to demand a U.S. moratorium on all airport expansion
        projects currently in the works, until the details of the
        Pentagon report have been fully vetted."

        Your message didn't show up on the list? Complaints or compliments?
        Drop me (Tom Robertson) a note at t1r@...