Re: Gaining an understanding of what Texans think...

  • whazateh
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 21, 2002
      --- In energyresources@y..., "Jack Dingler" <weaseldog2001@y...>
      can
      > be heard over the internet. These two shows do regularly cover
      energy
      > issues, so I believe this post is on topic. Also the situation in
      Iraq
      > is often a topic on them.
      >
      > It's at:
      > http://www.wbap.com/

      I haven't had a chance to listen to this yet, but I was thinking
      about the difference between the majority views in the US and Europe.
      I came up with an analogy of drug addiction. Both regions are
      addicted to oil, the only difference is that Europe acknowledges that
      and would like to change (but can't because it is addicted) where as
      the US(Texas?) is in denial about being addicted at all and oil use
      is not a bad thing, no.

      To give an example on a Business show on the BBC there was a piece on
      global warming and how it might affect the plants that are grown in
      gardens, and what affect it would have on the gardenning industry. I
      don't know would that have got air time in Texas?

      http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/working_lunch/rob_on_the_road/24
      92435.stm

      Also addicts would never want to admit that there source is about to
      run out :). Hmm, interesting analogy but not quite the whole truth.

      Will