Re: [energyresources] A Symbol of Awareness

  • Andrew MacKillop
    Message 1 of 22 , Nov 21, 2002
      DINOSAURS

      Does any member of this group have articles, information, views or comments
      about DINOSAURS and their relation to Fossil Energy Civilization ?
      Those ole Sauriens can hardly be symbols of 'awareness', but how come they
      got to be cult image/icons in the space of maybe 15 years? Is this a Dark
      Bond between Fossil Energy Citizenry and the geological age that made our
      wonderful world possible? Or good marketing by Spielberg & Co?

      Please contact me if you have ideas

      A McKillop
    • Jack Dingler
      Message 2 of 22 , Nov 21, 2002
        Would there really be so great a philosophical or symbolic difference
        between using crude and refined oil? If so, what would it be?

        Jack Dingler

        Message 3 of 22 , Nov 21, 2002
          Hi S,

          >> How does one get their hands on crude oil locally?
          >>
          SM> It was a real bitch for me. I finally found someone who knew someone
          SM> who worked in a Mexican oil refinery, and bought it from them, at some
          SM> $1300 per barrel, although I don't have that much. However, at the rate
          SM> its going I think my ten gallons will last for some 100,000 years.

          See my request to BP educational services posted earlier