[energyresources] Re: Venezuela Political Crisis Deepens ... Disinformation

  • Andrew MacKillop
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 20, 2002
      OK, we all know "the crisis is deepening" but inside Venezuela is there any
      segment or sector of opinion or power that simply states that being a slave
      to global oil greed/need will not give sustainable development to the
      population, will destroy whatever bioresources are left intact, and will
      make the country a sitting target for invasion by a not-far-away 'neighbor'
      unable and unwilling to curtail its oil greed/need ?

      Notice that Castro's Cuba sat out more than 30 years of isolation, and has
      one of South America's highest rates of literacy and lowest rates of infant
      mortality which, much more than a 'state appratus of terror', explains why
      Castro is still in power

      A McKillop