HOW TO STOP OVERPOPULATION TIDAL WAVE BILL! -- BALANCE eAlert

  • Abernethy, Virginia Deane
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 5, 2013

      Subject: HOW TO STOP OVERPOPULATION TIDAL WAVE BILL! -- BALANCE eAlert

      balance.org
      POPULATION-ENVIRONMENT BALANCE

      eAlert
      September, 2013

      HOW TO STOP OVERPOPULATION TIDAL WAVE BILL!

      BALANCE and Key ASAP! Coalition Allies are Now launching an Initiative which can succeed in STOPPING the Senate's Overpopulation Tidal Wave Bill (S. 744) now facing the House of Representatives. But we must all push this Initiative Hard NOW for it to succeed.

      This Strategy surmounts The Great Problem facing the House and all of us--ANY Bill passed by the House would go to Conference with the horrible Senate Bill, and any Bill coming out of the Conference Committee would inevitably contain many of the Very Bad Provisions of the Senate Bill

      Those Provisions would (as described in earlier BALANCE eAlerts)
      -- allow 30 Million or more Immigrants to come to the USA in the next ten years, and to reside in the USA permanently and become citizens, and to import their families as well, and,

      -- would cost American Taxpayers a NET (after subtracting taxes Immigrants pay) $6.3 Trillion (Heritage Fdn and cis.org), and

      -- would further Injure the USA's 25 Million plus Unemployed and Underemployed, by, inter alia, tripling the number of low-skill immigrant workers admitted
      ....just to cite a few of the Most Injurious Provisions

      S. 744 is a Bill replete with Deceptions and based on many False Premises.

      Consider just one of the Many False Premises-- that there is a Shortage of Skilled Workers in Silicon Valley and in Hi-Tech and other fields generally.  A recent San Francisco (a Hi-Tech Center) Chronicle Report gives the lie to that Labor Shortage claim.

      “In 2012, three high-tech companies in Silicon Valley announced they were laying off a combined 48,000 employees. Layoffs continue this year, including last week's announcement that an otherwise profitable Cisco Systems was letting 4,000 people go.

      At the same time, the total number of jobs in the valley and in San Francisco's tech hub is on the rise. In fact, tech executives claim to have tens of thousands of jobs going begging, so much so that they need to bring in educated workers from overseas to fill them.

      But if demand is outstripping supply, how come so many skilled IT professionals in the Bay Area are out of work? In a nutshell, job experience ...... can work against you”

      SF Chronicle, Andrew S. Ross, 8/20/13

      Translating the Phrase "Job Experience...can work against you" it is clear that American Workers are older, skilled, and earn relatively high salaries. But many Silicon Valley employers want more CHEAP IMPORTED FOREIGN LABOR.

      Of course this results in increasing Unemployment of Americans and Wage Depression for those who Remain Employed.

      And to cover their lust for Cheap Labor, Silicon Valley Honchos promote the Most Absurd Rationales

      "I want to stress the importance of being young and technical," Facebook's CEO Mark Zuckerberg (now 28) told a Y Combinator Startup event at Stanford University .... "Young people are just smarter...".

      Ibid. (SF Chronicle)

      Preposterous and Self-Serving! Zuckerberg and the other Proponents of this Greedy Selfish Nonsense deserve to have their Bill DEFEATED in Congress?!! ... So help BALANCE stop this NOW!!

      And in so doing help an Unemployed American approaching retirement age, (and Millions like him) Paul Brunemeir:

      "Younger and Cheaper

      Paul Brunemeir, 56, a physicist who has worked his entire career developing electronic hardware in Silicon Valley, is sure he was laid off from his last job - engineering director for a small startup - because of his age, plus his six-figure salary and costly medical insurance plan. "Age correlates with experience, and experience correlates with salary. I was at the top of the layoff list because of the cost of keeping me on the roster. I would have taken a 33 percent pay cut to keep my job, but they never offered."

      "There's definitely age discrimination, but it's awfully hard to prove," said Cliff Palefsky, an employment law attorney in San Francisco, who gets regular calls from older tech workers shut out of the new world..."

      Ibid. (SF Chronicle)

      To make matters worse the Obama Administration is not enforcing the law, and is, among other things refusing to deport many Illegal Aliens including some convicted of crimes, and IS allowing thousands to enter the USA Illegally, and to CLAIM they have a "Fear of Persecution" and thus to fraudulently claim Asylum, at which point the US Taxpayers are footing the Bill for the U.S. Government to pay to House thousands of them in Hotels along the Border!

      But we BALANCE supporters can Stop this Amnesty etc. Tidal Wave Bill and these abuses of, and failures to enforce, the Law if we push our Representatives in the House to pass a RESOLUTION, (NOT A BILL!, Because a Bill would go to Conference Committee.).

      THAT RESOLUTION SHOULD INSIST THAT BEFORE ANY BILL IS PASSED

      1. THE ONGOING ASYLUM FRAUD BE HALTED, and

      2. THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION DEPORT ALL ILLEGALS ACCUSED OF LOW-LEVEL OFFENSES! and

      3. THAT EXISTING LAW BE FULLY ENFORCED

      4. BALANCE suggests that HOUSE SPONSORS OF THE RESOLUTION SHOULD OFFER TO ESTABLISH and TO SERVE ON SUCH AN INVESTIGATIVE TASK FORCE. Their service on the Task Force would be a condition of CONSIDERING ANY IMMIGRATION BILL, and

      5. A further condition would SET PRIORITIES, including that The TASK FORCE COMPLETE ITS WORK BEFORE THE HOUSE CONSIDERED ANY IMMIGRATION BILL! And

      6. THAT THE PHYSICAL BORDER FENCE PREVIOUSLY AUTHORIZED BY CONGRESS ACTUALLY BE COMPLETED, and

      7. THAT THE TASK FORCE CAUSE THE NET COST OF EACH PROVISION OF ANY PROPOSED IMMIGRATION BILL, INCLUDING THE SENATE BILL, TO BE ESTIMATED, based on Existing and Authorized Research, if any, BEFORE ANY SUCH BILL IS BROUGHT TO THE FLOOR FOR A VOTE. This would allow the House to fulfill the Constitutional Requirement that all spending Bills originate in the House.

      8. THAT THE ENTRY-EXIT VISA SYSTEM PREVIOUSLY AUTHORIZED AND FUNDED BY CONGRESS BE IMPLEMENTED USING FUNDS FROM THE EXISTING TSA BUDGET.

      Because of the Danger of taking any such House Bill(s) to Conference Committee, please ask your representatives to vote AGAINST ANY, EVERY, and ALL IMMIGRATION BILLS ORIGINATING IN THE HOUSE...
      and to pass a RESOLUTION containing the aforementioned Provisions instead

      The bottom line: The Senate's S. 744 dies if no immigration Bill at all – none whatsoever – comes out of the House. Amnesty dies if the House won't play.

      Please ask Representatives to vote against any Immigration Bill (including ones containing 'good' provisions) during this legislative term. Don't sponsor a Bill, and Vote No on any Bill that raises its head. Make sure that NO Immigration Bill comes to the House floor.

      This Immigration 'Amnesty' Tidal Wave Bill would create a Demographic, Budgetary, and Environmental Disaster that is magnitudes greater than Mass Immigration is already creating.

      Given the Senate set-up, now is NOT the time even to push a zero-net Immigration MORATORIUM Bill. Ask your Representative to Vote NO on ANY IMMIGRATION Bill.

      Phone Calls or Office Visits followed by Snail Mail letters are most effective (emails are often ignored and fax machines can be turned off).

      And please help BALANCE Intensify our Opposition to ANY Bill NOW!

      Please forward this email to Friends!

      And to help us intensify our efforts, we very much need you to make a Tax-Deductible Donation today to our mailing address:
      Population-Environment Balance | P.O. Box 268 | San Francisco, CA 94104

      Or at our website: BALANCE.

      Thank you,

      Population-Environment Balance

      Mailing address:
        Population-Environment Balance | P.O. Box 268 | San Francisco, CA 94104

      Street address:
      Population-Environment Balance | 1629 K Street NW, Suite 300 | Washington DC, 20006

      Population-Environment Balance | PO Box 268 | San Francisco | CA | 94104-0268 | US
      Unsubscribe from Future Mailings.
      Update your Preferences.
      Didn't sign up for this? Report it.
      Powered by
    • Ryder

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 6, 2013

          Virginia,your letter addresses the wrong things!

          The USA needs skilled workers to replace those who are retiring (ditto in Canada; see the material I have sent previously. Large numbers of Philippinos in Alberta now for example). US workers do not have the skillsets required to do complex jobs in hi-tech etc.

          The bottom line (and it is money that counts these days!) is that the weakening US economy is highly leveraged to worker skill sets and corporate profits (think tax base here). This is the deciding factor and not what the pressure group below writes about!

          Gerry

          Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2013 10:45 AM

[...]

          No virus found in this message.

        • twayburn@att.net
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 7, 2013
            Hello Virginia,

            I sense a new opportunity to bring you back from the Dark Side as in Return of the Jedi. Albert Bartlett offered the challenge to tell him a single problem facing humanity that is improved by an increase in population. I agree that over-population is a very great evil. My challenge to you is to name one problem of humanity that is ameliorated by the profit motive. In particular, name one instance of opposition to a sustainable population (a population that can be supported by the carrying capacity of Earth) that is not motivated directly or indirectly by private profit. I would argue that an increase in the proportion in the population of any race, religion, culture, or point of view is the same as private profit.

            Tom Wayburn, Houston, Texas
          • Abernethy, Virginia Deane
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 24, 2013

               A LAW [passed a couple years ago] actually discourages Americans from giving up US citizenship.  Provisions include paying taxes on all assets worldwide at the top estate tax rate, and also prohibits returning to the the US for more than 30 days annually.

              The Law is known as FATCA and was passed in response to a big Facebook stockholder renouncing US citizenship in order to avoid US taxes on sale of his Facebook asset when Facebook went public.

              V.

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 24, 2013

                Gerry, US citizens skilled in engineering and IT tell me they lost jobs to imported foreign labor.  Morever, training the foreigners for their positions was a condition of receiving a "retirement" o r separation bonus.

                V.