Re: Fw: [energyresources] Who Runs The World? Solid Proof That A Core Group Of Wealthy Elitists Is Pulling The Strings

  • dreemes
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31 5:08 PM
      Denis,

      I hear you saying that not even money and the power that it conveys can
      correct or stop the damage that all that power has brought to bear on
      the biosphere and that the super elites will ultimately suffer as
      everyone else will suffer.

      Well, sure but be assured that the super elites will be the highest on
      the hill when the tsunami hits and will be the last to be consumed.
      That is what all that money and power enables.

      ~mike~

      --- In energyresources@yahoogroups.com, Denis Frith wrote:

      > The tone of this article is conveyed by this quote from the end of it.
      > "There is so much more that could be said about all of this. In
      fact, an
      > entire library of books could be written about the power and the
      > influence of the ultra-wealthy international bankers that run the
      world."
      > This is a typical anthropocentric view that provides insight into only
      the decision process of humans. These decisions do not run the worldThe
      reality is that natural forces always determines always what happens in
      the operations of all organisms. People can only make decisions about
      what is possible. For example, the elite cannot possible stock the
      irreversible climate change that is under way. The elite cannot create
      oil even though they can make decisions about how much damage will be
      done as the industry strives mightily to extract what remains.

      > It can be argued that the article soundly portrays the operation of
      society now. But that is no reason to believe that it will continue in
      the long term. Money cannot possibly create the natural material wealth
      that is being irrevocably transformed into waste by the operation of the
      systems of civilization. Money cannot possibly restore the damaged
      ecosystem. Money will become impotent as the most it can do is foster
      the use of the skills of workers and the capability of technological
      systems. These systems naturally age and their replacement will
      become difficult as the natural resources required run out.

      > The elite will learn the hard way later in this century that their
      money alone will not enable the attainment of their selfish objectives.
      Just as it cannot ensure their immortality.

      http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/who-runs-the-world-solid-pro\
      of-that-a-core-group-of-wealthy-elitists-is-pulling-the-strings

      > Who Runs The World? Solid Proof That A Core Group Of Wealthy Elitists
      Is Pulling The Strings
      > By Michael, on January 29th, 2013Â Does a shadowy group of
      obscenely wealthy elitists control the world? Do men and women with
      enormous amounts of money really run the world from behind the
      scenes? The answer might surprise you. Most of us tend to
      think of money as a convenient way to conduct transactions, but the
      truth is that it also represents power and control. And today we
      live in a neo-fuedalist system in which the super rich pull all the
      strings. When I am talking about the ultra-wealthy, I am not just
      talking about people that have a few million dollars. As you will
      see later in this article, the ultra-wealthy have enough money sitting
      in offshore banks to buy all of the goods and services produced in the
      United States during the course of an entire year and still be able to
      pay off the entire U.S. national debt. That is an amount of money
      so large that it is almost incomprehensible. Under this
      ne0-feudalist system, all the rest
      > of us are debt slaves, including our own governments. Just look
      around - everyone is drowning in debt, and all of that debt is making
      the ultra-wealthy even wealthier. But the ultra-wealthy don't just
      sit on all of that wealth. They use some of it to dominate the
      affairs of the nations. The ultra-wealthy own virtually every major
      bank and every major corporation on the planet. They use a vast
      network of secret societies, think tanks and charitable organizations to
      advance their agendas and to keep their members in line. They
      control how we view the world through their ownership of the media and
      their dominance over our education system. They fund the campaigns
      of most of our politicians and they exert a tremendous amount of
      influence over international organizations such as the United Nations,
      the IMF, the World Bank and the WTO. When you step back and take a
      look at the big picture, there is little doubt about who runs the
      world. It
      > is just that most people don't want to admit the truth.
      >
      > The ultra-wealthy don't run down and put their money in the local bank
      like you and I do. Instead, they tend to stash their assets in
      places where they won't be taxed such as the Cayman Islands.Â
      According to a report that was released last summer, the global elite
      have up to 32 TRILLION dollars stashed in offshore banks around the
      globe.

      > U.S. GDP for 2011 was about 15 trillion dollars, and the U.S. national
      debt is sitting at about 16 trillion dollars, so you could add them both
      together and you still wouldn't hit 32 trillion dollars.

      > And of course that does not even count the money that is stashed in
      other locations that the study did not account for, and it does not
      count all of the wealth that the global elite have in hard assets such
      as real estate, precious metals, art, yachts, etc.

      > The global elite have really hoarded an incredible amount of wealth in
      these troubled times. The following is from an article on the
      Huffington Post website...

      > Â Rich individuals and their families have as much as $32 trillion
      of hidden financial assets in offshore tax havens, representing up to
      $280 billion in lost income tax revenues, according to research
      published on Sunday.

      > Â The study estimating the extent of global private financial
      wealth held in offshore accounts - excluding non-financial assets such
      as real estate, gold, yachts and racehorses - puts the sum at between
      $21 and $32 trillion.

      > Â The research was carried out for pressure group Tax Justice
      Network, which campaigns against tax havens, by James Henry, former
      chief economist at consultants McKinsey & Co.

      > Â He used data from the World Bank, International Monetary Fund,
      United Nations and central banks.

      > But as I mentioned previously, the global elite just don't have a lot
      of money. They also basically own just about every major bank and
      every major corporation on the entire planet.

      > According to an outstanding NewScientist article, a study of more than
      40,000 transnational corporations conducted by the Swiss Federal
      Institute of Technology in Zurich discovered that a very small core
      group of huge banks and giant predator corporations dominate the entire
      global economic system...

      > Â An analysis of the relationships between 43,000 transnational
      corporations has identified a relatively small group of companies,
      mainly banks, with disproportionate power over the global economy.

      > The researchers found that this core group consists of just 147 very
      tightly knit companies...

      > Â When the team further untangled the web of ownership, it found
      much of it tracked back to a "super-entity" of 147 even more tightly
      knit companies - all of their ownership was held by other members of the
      super-entity - that controlled 40 per cent of the total wealth in the
      network. "In effect, less than 1 per cent of the companies were able to
      control 40 per cent of the entire network," says Glattfelder. Most were
      financial institutions. The top 20 included Barclays Bank, JPMorgan
      Chase & Co, and The Goldman Sachs Group.

      > The following are the top 25 banks and corporations at the heart of
      this "super-entity". You will recognize many of the names on the
      list...

      > 1. Barclays plc
      > 2. Capital Group Companies Inc
      > 3. FMR Corporation
      > 4. AXA
      > 5. State Street Corporation
      > 6. JP Morgan Chase & Co
      > 7. Legal & General Group plc
      > 8. Vanguard Group Inc
      > 9. UBS AG
      > 10. Merrill Lynch & Co Inc
      > 11. Wellington Management Co LLP
      > 12. Deutsche Bank AG
      > 13. Franklin Resources Inc
      > 14. Credit Suisse Group
      > 15. Walton Enterprises LLC
      > 16. Bank of New York Mellon Corp
      > 17. Natixis
      > 18. Goldman Sachs Group Inc
      > 19. T Rowe Price Group Inc
      > 20. Legg Mason Inc
      > 21. Morgan Stanley
      > 22. Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Inc
      > 23. Northern Trust Corporation
      > 24. Société Générale
      > 25. Bank of America Corporation
      >
      > The ultra-wealthy elite often hide behind layers and layers of
      ownership, but the truth is that thanks to interlocking corporate
      relationships, the elite basically control almost every Fortune 500
      corporation.

      > The amount of power and control that this gives them is hard to
      describe.

      > Unfortunately, this same group of people have been running things for
      a very long time. For example, New York City Mayor John F. Hylan
      said the following during a speech all the way back in 1922...

      > Â The real menace of our Republic is the invisible government,
      which like a giant octopus sprawls its slimy legs over our cities,
      states and nation. To depart from mere generalizations, let me say that
      at the head of this octopus are the Rockefeller-Standard Oil interests
      and a small group of powerful banking houses generally referred to as
      the international bankers. The little coterie of powerful international
      bankers virtually run the United States government for their own selfish
      purposes.

      > Â They practically control both parties, write political
      platforms, make catspaws of party leaders, use the leading men of
      private organizations, and resort to every device to place in nomination
      for high public office only such candidates as will be amenable to the
      dictates of corrupt big business.

      > Â These international bankers and Rockefeller-Standard Oil
      interests control the majority of the newspapers and magazines in this
      country. They use the columns of these papers to club into submission or
      drive out of office public officials who refuse to do the bidding of the
      powerful corrupt cliques which compose the invisible government. It
      operates under cover of a self-created screen [and] seizes our executive
      officers, legislative bodies, schools, courts, newspapers and every
      agency created for the public protection.

      > These international bankers created the central banks of the world
      (including the Federal Reserve), and they use those central banks to get
      the governments of the world ensnared in endless cycles of debt from
      which there is no escape. Government debt is a way to
      "legitimately" take money from all of us, transfer it to the government,
      and then transfer it into the pockets of the ultra-wealthy.

      > Today, Barack Obama and almost all members of Congress absolutely
      refuse to criticize the Fed, but in the past there have been some brave
      members of Congress that have been willing to take a stand. For
      example, the following quote is from a speech that Congressman Louis T.
      McFadden delivered to the U.S. House of Representatives on June 10,
      1932...

      > Â Mr. Chairman, we have in this country one of the most corrupt
      institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve
      Board and the Federal Reserve Banks. The Federal Reserve Board, a
      Government board, has cheated the Government of the United States and
      the people of the United States out of enough money to pay the national
      debt. The depredations and iniquities of the Federal Reserve Board has
      cost this country enough money to pay the national debt several times
      over. This evil institution has impoverished and ruined the people of
      the United States, has bankrupted itself, and has practically bankrupted
      our Government. It has done this through the defects of the law under
      which it operates, through the maladministration of that law by the
      Federal Reserve Board, and through the corrupt practices of the moneyed
      vultures who control it.

      > Sadly, most Americans still believe that the Federal Reserve is a
      "federal agency", but that is simply not correct. The following
      comes from factcheck.org...

      > Â The stockholders in the 12 regional Federal Reserve Banks are
      the privately owned banks that fall under the Federal Reserve System.
      These include all national banks (chartered by the federal government)
      and those state-chartered banks that wish to join and meet certain
      requirements. About 38 percent of the nation’s more than 8,000
      banks are members of the system, and thus own the Fed banks.

      > According to researchers that have looked into the ownership of the
      big Wall Street banks that dominate the Fed, the same names keep coming
      up over and over: the Rockefellers, the Rothschilds, the Warburgs, the
      Lazards, the Schiffs and the royal families of Europe.

      > But ultra-wealthy international bankers have not just done this kind
      of thing in the United States. Their goal was to create a global
      financial system that they would dominate and control. Just check
      out what Georgetown University history professor Carroll Quigley once
      wrote...

      > Â [T]he powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching
      aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in
      private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and
      the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in
      a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert,
      by secret agreements arrived at in frequent private meetings and
      conferences. The apex of the system was to be the Bank for International
      Settlements in Basle, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled
      by the world’s central banks which were themselves private
      corporations.

      > Sadly, most Americans have never even heard of the Bank for
      International Settlements, but it is at the very heart of the global
      financial system. The following is from Wikipedia...

      > Â As an organization of central banks, the BIS seeks to make
      monetary policy more predictable and transparent among its 58 member
      central banks. While monetary policy is determined by each sovereign
      nation, it is subject to central and private banking scrutiny and
      potentially to speculation that affects foreign exchange rates and
      especially the fate of export economies. Failures to keep monetary
      policy in line with reality and make monetary reforms in time,
      preferably as a simultaneous policy among all 58 member banks and also
      involving the International Monetary Fund, have historically led to
      losses in the billions as banks try to maintain a policy using open
      market methods that have proven to be based on unrealistic assumptions.

      > The ultra-wealthy have also played a major role in establishing other
      important international institutions such as the United Nations, the
      IMF, the World Bank and the WTO. In fact, the land for the United
      Nations headquarters in New York City was purchased and donated by John
      D. Rockefeller.

      > The international bankers are "internationalists" and they are very
      proud of that fact.

      > The elite also dominate the education system in the United States.Â
      Over the years, the Rockefeller Foundation and other elitist
      organizations have poured massive amounts of money into Ivy League
      schools. Today, Ivy League schools are considered to be the
      standard against which all other colleges and universities in America
      are measured, and the last four U.S. presidents were educated at Ivy
      League schools.

      > The elite also exert a tremendous amount of influence through various
      secret societies (Skull and Bones, the Freemasons, etc.), through some
      very powerful think tanks and social clubs (the Council on Foreign
      Relations, the Trilateral Commission, the Bilderberg Group, the Bohemian
      Grove, Chatham House, etc.), and through a vast network of charities and
      non-governmental organizations (the Rockefeller Foundation, the Ford
      Foundation, the World Wildlife Fund, etc.).

      > But for a moment, I want to focus on the power the elite have over the
      media. In a previous article, I detailed how just six monolithic
      corporate giants control most of what we watch, hear and read every
      single day. These giant corporations own television networks, cable
      channels, movie studios, newspapers, magazines, publishing houses, music
      labels and even many of our favorite websites.

      > Considering the fact that the average American watches 153 hours of
      television a month, the influence of these six giant corporations should
      not be underestimated. The following are just some of the media
      companies that these corporate giants own...

> [...]
      > Fox Business Network
      > Fox Kids Europe
      > Fox News Channel
      > Fox Sports Net
      > Fox Television Network
      > FX
      > My Network TV
      > MySpace
      > News Limited News
      > Phoenix InfoNews Channel
      > Phoenix Movies Channel
      > Sky PerfecTV
      > Speed Channel
      > STAR TV India
      > STAR TV Taiwan
      > STAR World
      > Times Higher Education Supplement Magazine
      > Times Literary Supplement Magazine
      > Times of London
      > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment
      > 20th Century Fox International
      > 20th Century Fox Studios
      > 20th Century Fox Television
      > BSkyB
      > DIRECTV
      > The Wall Street Journal
      > Fox Broadcasting Company
      > Fox Interactive Media
      > FOXTEL
      > HarperCollins Publishers
      > The National Geographic Channel
      > National Rugby League
      > News Interactive
      > News Outdoor
      > Radio Veronica
      > ReganBooks
      > Sky Italia
      > Sky Radio Denmark
      > Sky Radio Germany
      > Sky Radio Netherlands
      > STAR
      > Zondervan
      >
      > CBS Corporation
      >
      > CBS News
      > CBS Sports
      > CBS Television Network
      > CNET
      > Showtime
      > TV.com
      > CBS Radio Inc. (130 stations)
      > CBS Consumer Products
      > CBS Outdoor
      > CW Network (50% ownership)
      > Infinity Broadcasting
      > Simon & Schuster (Pocket Books, Scribner)
      > Westwood One Radio Network
      >
      > NBC Universal
      >
      > Bravo
      > CNBC
      > NBC News
      > MSNBC
      > NBC Sports
      > NBC Television Network
      > Oxygen
      > SciFi Magazine
      > Syfy (Sci Fi Channel)
      > Telemundo
      > USA Network
      > Weather Channel
      > Focus Features
      > NBC Universal Television Distribution
      > NBC Universal Television Studio
      > Paxson Communications (partial ownership)
      > Trio
      > Universal Parks & Resorts
      > Universal Pictures
      > Universal Studio Home Video
      >
      > And of course the elite own most of our politicians as well. The
      following is a quote from journalist Lewis Lapham...

      > Â "The shaping of the will of Congress and the choosing of the
      American president has become a privilege reserved to the
      country’s equestrian classes, a.k.a. the 20% of the population
      that holds 93% of the wealth, the happy few who run the corporations and
      the banks, own and operate the news and entertainment media, compose the
      laws and govern the universities, control the philanthropic foundations,
      the policy institutes, the casinos, and the sports arenas."

      > Have you ever wondered why things never seem to change in Washington
      D.C. no matter who we vote for?

      > Well, it is because both parties are owned by the establishment.
      >
      > It would be nice to think that the American people are in control of
      who runs things in the U.S., but that is not how it works in the real
      world.

      > In the real world, the politician that raises more money wins more
      than 80 percent of the time in national races.

      > Our politicians are not stupid - they are going to be very good to the
      people that can give them the giant piles of money that they need for
      their campaigns. And the people that can do that are the
      ultra-wealthy and the giant corporations that the ultra-wealthy control.

      > Are you starting to get the picture?
      >
      > There is a reason why the ultra-wealthy are referred to as "the
      establishment". They have set up a system that greatly benefits
      them and that allows them to pull the strings.

      > So who runs the world?
      >
      > They do. In fact, they even admit as much.
      >
      > David Rockefeller wrote the following in his 2003 book entitled
      "Memoirs"...

      > Â "For more than a century, ideological extremists at either end
      of the political spectrum have seized upon well-publicized incidents
      such as my encounter with Castro to attack the Rockefeller family for
      the inordinate influence they claim we wield over American political and
      economic institutions. Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal
      working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing
      my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others
      around the world to build a more integrated global political and
      economic structure â€" one world, if you will. If that is the
      charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it."

      > There is so much more that could be said about all of this. In
      fact, an entire library of books could be written about the power and
      the influence of the ultra-wealthy international bankers that run the
      world.

    • Denis Frith
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 3, 2013
        Mike
        I focus on what happens on the irreversible tangible operation of the systems of civilization. These operations are controlled by natural forces. People only make intangible decisions about using what is possible. The powerful elite use their leverage to get more than their fair share of what is possible. But the can do more create substantive operations than they can ensure their mortality. You focus on what will happen to people but people, including the elite, are very dependent on the services provided of the temporary infrastructure of civilization. The elite will probably, as you say, be the last to be consumed but that is meaningless when there is nothing, in your terms, to be consumed.

        The irrevocable disintegration of civilization is under way, even though most people do not understand. What will be the use of the elite's power and money when all that is left is the ecosystem that has evolved for eons and has been damaged in the short term by the systems if civilization.

        Denis

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 3, 2013
          Denis,

          I agree.

          So, let's pan back, zoom out even farther.

          Humanity has no long term future in the universe - never has had. There
          will be no "salting the stars" as Sagan used to say [a quote that seems
          to have been scrubbed from the ether-net].

          So, the end game remains unchanged. Humans have only affected the
          timing and the comparative and absolute quality of existence for the
          individuals.

          "No need to wonder why. We're all gonna die."
          And the rest of us will never exist.

          ~mike~

          --- In energyresources@yahoogroups.com, Denis Frith wrote:

          > Mike
          > I focus on what happens on the irreversible tangible operation of the
          systems of civilization. These operations are controlled by natural
          forces. People only make intangible decisions about using what is
          possible. The powerful elite use their leverage to get more than their
          fair share of what is possible. But the can do more create substantive
          operations than they can ensure their mortality. You focus on what will
          happen to people but people, including the elite, are very dependent on
          the services provided of the temporary infrastructure of civilization.
          The elite will probably, as you say, be the last to be consumed but that
          is meaningless when there is nothing, in your terms, to be consumed.

          > The irrevocable disintegration of civilization is under way, even
          though most people do not understand. What will be the use of the
          elite's power and money when all that is left is the ecosystem that has
          evolved for eons and has been damaged in the short term by the systems
          if civilization.

          > Denis

          In

          \