Re: [energyresources] Re: Taking a break!

  • Frank Holland
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 5, 2012
      Common or garden insolence.....as we would expect!

      Frank
      On Wed, 2012-04-04 at 13:03 +0000, mauk_mcamuk wrote:

      > Excellent news for the world at large! :)
      >
      > Rest up, feel better, try not to be so negative all the time.
      >
      > Relax!
      >
      > Everything will work out. :D
      >
      > --- In energyresources@yahoogroups.com, Jay Hanson <JayHanson@...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > I am taking a break from these lists for at least a few weeks. I
      > may
      > > quit completely as the last fifteen years feels of effort seems like
      > > complete waste of time.
      > >
      > > You may contact me athttp://www.jayhanson.us/feedback.htm
      > >
      > > Jay
      > >
      > > --
      > > Corporations are not people.
      > > Money is not speech.
      > > www.4america2.us

    • mauk_mcamuk
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 6, 2012
        LOL!

        I'm not trying to be mean, but it's just really hard for me to work up much sympathy for Mr. Hanson's hard work.

        Here he is, lamenting that the last 15 years of doom-crying...has failed to produce any doom.

        I'm sorry. Isn't a lack of doom a good thing?

        Right? Or do you LIKE doom?

        A break is probably good for him. He really should cheer up! The world is not ending, which in most people's books, is good.

        Yay us! :)

        Relax, Mr. Hanson! Feel better!

        --- In energyresources@yahoogroups.com, Frank Holland <frankholland3@...> wrote:

        > Common or garden insolence.....as we would expect!
        >
        > Frank
        > On Wed, 2012-04-04 at 13:03 +0000, mauk_mcamuk wrote:
        > >
        > > Excellent news for the world at large! :)
        > >
        > > Rest up, feel better, try not to be so negative all the time.
        > >
        > > Relax!
        > >
        > > Everything will work out. :D
        > >
        > > --- In energyresources@yahoogroups.com, Jay Hanson <JayHanson@>
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > I am taking a break from these lists for at least a few weeks. I
        > > may
        > > > quit completely as the last fifteen years feels of effort seems like
        > > > complete waste of time.
        > > >
        > > > You may contact me athttp://www.jayhanson.us/feedback.htm
        > > >
        > > > Jay
        > > >
        > > > --
        > > > Corporations are not people.
        > > > Money is not speech.
        > > > www.4america2.us

      • John W
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 8, 2012
          Jay - my partner is a special ed teacher. She wears out periodically. It is the students and all the paper work. Yet she loves the contact and growth even if it is baby steps. It goes with the territory.

          For every "AHA" experience you have engendered there are millions more that emotionally entrenched in their enchantment with the world and many are low functioning intellectuals.
          As one curmudgeon to another rest and then back in the ring.

          This was posted by a woman I find insightful and caring:
          Doomer

          Posted by: "kathytkkl" rustyjewell@... kathytkkl
          Sat Sep 3, 2011

          Got thinking about this this morning. Supposing a wife tells her 6 pack a day husband that he is going to die from lung cancer or emphysema? Is she a doomer? Or is he perhaps the doomer as he is continuing to do things that may doom him to an early death?

          Is a scientist who warns of global warming a doomer or are the dirty coal burning factories the true doomers?

          Is someone who warns of the dire possibility of collapsing more and more fisheries a doomer or are the factory fishing boats the doomers?

          Are the people who warn about building nuclear power plants on fault lines doomers, or are those who build them there the doomers? Would living with less energy in Japan be a worse doom than Fukushima?

          Warning of potential doom does not make you a doomer IMHO, participating in activities that make that doom more likely - that makes you a doomer

          John Weber
          Northern Minnesota
          http://www.rea-alp.com/~dragnfly
          http://sunweber.blogspot.com/