SSRC climate predictions

  • Abernethy, Virginia Deane
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 31, 2010
      TH SSRC claims to have correctly predicted the three last major climate events. They now predict 30 months of global cooling.
      http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/realityzone/UFNfoodShortageColdClimate.html

      Buy a wood stove. Insulate. Re-learn knitting.
      Virginia

    • Frank Holland
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2011
        Who funds the SSRC?

        Frank

        On Fri, 2010-12-31 at 22:39 -0600, Abernethy, Virginia Deane wrote:

        > TH SSRC claims to have correctly predicted the three last major
        > climate events. They now predict 30 months of global cooling.
        > http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/realityzone/UFNfoodShortageColdClimate.html
        >
        > Buy a wood stove. Insulate. Re-learn knitting.
        > Virginia

      • Eric Pfeiffer
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 1, 2011
          As I had never heard of this group, I went to their website to read of them.
          Interesting.  They do a great job of "name dropping" NASA without
          ever referring to any research piece by NASA to support their
          statements of any great cooling coming from fewer sunspots.
          ....NASA states openly it's lack of understanding of mechanisms
          driving the sun. It has lauched a series of satellites over the past
          few years to gather more information about the sun..
          ....Periods of reduced sunspot activity do not translate into less
          solar activity or total energy output. Fewer sunspots, as they
          are cooler regions of the sun, may translate into more energy
          output as a hotter sun surface may mean greater heat output.
          But this is a subject awaiting years of measurement by the
          satellites as the earth's atmosphere has blocked total
          measurement of energy from ground based systems.  Stay tuned.
          ..

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 2, 2011
            I also checked out their website. It looks like astro-turf to me. I can't see that they do anything other than issue press relea

            --- In energyresources@yahoogroups.com, Eric Pfeiffer <devise9876@...> wrote:

            > As I had never heard of this group, I went to their website to read of them.
            > Interesting.  They do a great job of "name dropping" NASA without
            > ever referring to any research piece by NASA to support their
            > statements of any great cooling coming from fewer sunspots.
            > ....NASA states openly it's lack of understanding of mechanisms
            > driving the sun. It has lauched a series of satellites over the past
            > few years to gather more information about the sun..
            > ....Periods of reduced sunspot activity do not translate into less
            > solar activity or total energy output. Fewer sunspots, as they
            > are cooler regions of the sun, may translate into more energy
            > output as a hotter sun surface may mean greater heat output.
            > But this is a subject awaiting years of measurement by the
            > satellites as the earth's atmosphere has blocked total
            > measurement of energy from ground based systems.  Stay tuned.
            > ..

          • Richard Pelto
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 3, 2011
              TH SSRC claims to have correctly predicted the three last major climate events. They now predict 30 months of global cooling.
              http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/realityzone/UFNfoodShortageColdClimate.html

              Buy a wood stove. Insulate. Re-learn knitting.
              Virginia

              ##Wishful thinking and choosing selective data in order to fulfill that hope at a time when winter blasts through. Too bad they didn't experience very warm Northwest weather during December. And two and a half years of (probably, if it occurs,) slightly cooler weather in some areas can't undo the last 40 or so years of warming. Richard