Re: Virigina Abernathy exposed on national TV

  • Henry Warwick
    Message 1 of 24 , Apr 30 7:57 PM
      --- In energyresources@yahoogroups.com, "Abernethy, Virginia Deane" <virginia.abernethy@...> wrote:

      > So, Harry, do your homework. Or, if you prefer, jump on the SPLC and FAIR bandwagon. IMO, it is headed over a cliff.
      > Cheers,

      First, It's Henry.

      Second, the subject is NOT FAIR or SPLC. The subject is YOU.

      It doesn't take much to dig up your crap, because it stinks that bad.

      And when it stinks so bad that it makes national news, yeah, we have a problem here, and the problem is YOU and your racist bullshit. You post here to give yourself a veneer of respectibility, aided and coddled by people willing to, at the very least, turn a blind eye to you and your nonsense, or worse, actually support you and your racist hysterical crap.

      It takes all of a minute to track you to this list, and to see your extensive history on this list. My only consolation is that I and several others here have consistently opposed you from the start.

      You do no one any good here, your very presence dishonours and distracts this list, and the few people here actually defending you are not doing themselves or this list any great shakes.

      Henry Warwick
      Toronto ON
    • Fred Elbel
      Message 2 of 24 , May 1, 2010
        > Re: 3a. Virigina Abernathy exposed on national TV
        > From: Henry Warwick, Date: Fri Apr 30, 2010

        Maddow has clearly sold out to the open borders crazies. Her attacks
        were straight out of the discredited SPLC playbook.

        More information on the hate tactics of the open border crazies can
        be found at www.CenterForImmigrationTruth.org .

        Fred
      • Tom Wayburn
        Message 3 of 24 , May 1, 2010
          Henry Warwick warns us that Virginia Abernethy is exposed as a racist and a
          separatist. I have no objection to Henry explaining why he thinks racism
          and separatism are very bad ideas that we need to be protected from. Until
          I hear an adequate logical argument for this, I believe I should accord
          racist and separatist positions the same respect as other tenable positions.
          So, please explain what is wrong with Virginia's position whether it is
          racist and separatist or not. She claims not. By the way, I have a
          sneaking suspicion that there is more than a little bit of racism in all of
          us. I am not so sure it's even a bad thing. So, educate me. Please.

          Tom Wayburn, Houston, Texas

        • Marisa Cohen
          Message 4 of 24 , May 1, 2010
            I defend Tom, from these stupid accusations. To permit the free
            expressions of ideas is not the same as approving them.
            It is open to the forum to intervene and express its views. Tom is not
            guilty by association

            Marisa

          • Abernethy, Virginia Deane
            Message 5 of 24 , May 1, 2010
              Henry or Harry, I do not use foul language. You do. That should alert people to which of us is hysterical and spewing filth.

              As once remarked, epithets are the last resort of a liberal who is losing an argument.
              V.
              ________________________________
              > So, Harry, do your homework. Or, if you prefer, jump on the SPLC and FAIR bandwagon. IMO, it is headed over a cliff.
              > Cheers,

              First, It's Henry.

              Second, the subject is NOT FAIR or SPLC. The subject is YOU.

              It doesn't take much to dig up your crap, because it stinks that bad.

              And when it stinks so bad that it makes national news, yeah, we have a problem here, and the problem is YOU and your racist bullshit. You post here to give yourself a veneer of respectibility, aided and coddled by people willing to, at the very least, turn a blind eye to you and your nonsense, or worse, actually support you and your racist hysterical crap.

              It takes all of a minute to track you to this list, and to see your extensive history on this list. My only consolation is that I and several others here have consistently opposed you from the start.

              You do no one any good here, your very presence dishonours and distracts this list, and the few people here actually defending you are not doing themselves or this list any great shakes.

              Henry Warwick
              Toronto ON

            • smn
              Message 6 of 24 , May 1, 2010
                Virginia is an anthropologist. She understands the system. The USA has
                a racist demographic and lobby group system which uses 'racial' typing
                to identify groups and then to target them for political purposes. To
                use them. Hispanic, Black, Asian ... There are so many that the rest of
                the world can't keep up with you. In France and Australia we aren't
                allowed to type people like this (except for Aborigines in Australia).
                All the groups except the white groups seem to be encouraged to
                self-identify and represent themselves as separate people with separate
                interests in the US. And they are encouraged to do so on the premise
                that there is a White majority. But no-one is encouraged to identify
                with the so-called 'White' group. Why not? The "Whites" can't identify
                as Black or Hispanic or Asian etc. What are they supposed to do?

                If you ask me the whole system is guaranteed to divide and conquer.

                In the meantime, Virginia seems to be dramatising the hypocrisy of the
                system, but, at the same time, she takes it on its word and seriously:

                "I, of course, have always been clear that European-Americans are
                entitled to the same separate courses of action, group membership,
                clubs, etc. as are allowed and even encouraged among other ethnic/racial
                groups."

                It seems to me that Henry is accusing her of racism for doing this.
                Then is he also accusing the Hispanic, Black, Asian ... groups of racism?

                Why not?

                The whole system IS racist. It's ALL really sick.
                The US should stop identifying people in its demographic statistics by
                their colour or purported ethnic origin.

                Attack the system if you want to get somewhere; not Virginia.

                Sheila N

                Henry Warwick wrote:

                > Tom - that's a load and you know it.
                >
                > "The ***KINDS*** of populations some folks want"
                >
                > WTF? By Abernathy's angle that means: No Blacks or Brown people
                > allowed. That is the lowest form of pure out and out racism there is.
                > It is despicable and unworthy of a group dedicated to discussing
                > Energy Resource Issues for ALL people of this world, not just some.
                >
                > She is using her spurious arguments re: immigration here to give her
                > racist Klan-like position something resembling a fig leaf of
                > legitimacy when none is warranted or deserved.
                >
                > Myself, Crowell, and others have railed against this woman for years.
                >
                > OK Tom - how are you going to answer the Camera Now?
                >
                > "Mr Robertson - you are the gatekeeper and Listmom of Energy
                > Resources. Why do you let a well known racist like Abernathy spew her
                > carefully coded hate on your list? What does the list really get out
                > of her endless right wing nonsense? And why do YOU Mr Robertson let it
                > happen? Do YOU share her views? You must be sympathetic to them as you
                > never critique them or tell her to muzzle it. So, tell the world why
                > you let this woman have a platform on your list! Here's the mic..."
                >
                > HW
                >
                > --- In energyresources@yahoogroups.com
                > <mailto:energyresources%40yahoogroups.com>, "Henry Warwick"
                > <misterwarwick@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/36862136#36862136
                > <http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/36862136#36862136>
                > >
                > > She is exposed as a racist and separatist.
                > >
                > > Why she and her nonsense is tolerated here for any reason at all is
                > puzzling.
                > >
                > > ~~~~~~~~~EnergyResources Moderator Comment ~~~~~~~~
                > >
                > > An answer to the puzzle may be because she is concerned--like many
                > of the rest of us--about the ability of this country to manage with
                > security and satisfaction the kinds of populations some folks want
                > this country to grow up to.
                > >
                > > ~~~~~~ EnergyResources Moderator Tom Robertson ~~~~~~

              • papp20032000
                Message 7 of 24 , May 1, 2010
                  So, perhaps you or the moderator himself can explain why I have been censored by the moderator a couple of times for having sent RESPONSE posts to the Israeli/Palestinian issue (I think I have let this go on too long, moderator said and he is entited to do so) and Virginia can comfortably fix hundreds of posts on immigration, the kin, the race and so forth and political immigration US peculiar agendas, with extremely difficult to find links to the energy issues.

                  A very well known Spanish joke comes to my mind:

                  Two Basques decide to go to their beautiful forests, in search for mushrooms, with their traditional wicker baskets in their arms. After a while, one of them, bends down, picks a wristwatch from the floor and exclaims: hey, look, this is a legitimate Rolex! And his colleague, visibly angry, shouts back to the other: damn it!, are we searching for mushrooms or for watches?

                  To all colleagues in ER: What are we trying to debate here, the mushrooms of energy or the Rolex of immigration issues in one country within 200 countries of the world (4 percent of world population), that Virginia is continuously placing in our baskets?

                  Pedro from Madrid

                  --- In energyresources@yahoogroups.com, Marisa Cohen <edet@...> wrote:

                  > I defend Tom, from these stupid accusations. To permit the free
                  > expressions of ideas is not the same as approving them.
                  > It is open to the forum to intervene and express its views. Tom is not
                  > guilty by association
                  >
                  > Marisa
                  >
                  > On Apr 30, 2010, at 8:51 PM, Frank Holland wrote:
                  >
                  > > Henry,
                  > >
                  > > I have been on this list a long while now, and I have read Virginia's
                  > > views including her research papers, so I think I know where she is
                  > > coming from. I am totally anti-racist, but I can read what she says
                  > > without getting hot under the collar, because I judge what she says
                  > > from
                  > > my appreciation of her views. Why don't you do that? And why attack
                  > > Tom?
                  > >
                  > > Frank
                  > > 53.22N 2.07W
                  > >
                  > > On Fri, 2010-04-30 at 17:01 +0000, Henry Warwick wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Tom - that's a load and you know it.
                  > > >
                  > > > "The ***KINDS*** of populations some folks want"
                  > > >
                  > > > WTF? By Abernathy's angle that means: No Blacks or Brown people
                  > > > allowed. That is the lowest form of pure out and out racism there
                  > > is.
                  > > > It is despicable and unworthy of a group dedicated to discussing
                  > > > Energy Resource Issues for ALL people of this world, not just some.
                  > > >
                  > > > She is using her spurious arguments re: immigration here to give her
                  > > > racist Klan-like position something resembling a fig leaf of
                  > > > legitimacy when none is warranted or deserved.
                  > > >
                  > > > Myself, Crowell, and others have railed against this woman for
                  > > years.
                  > > >
                  > > > OK Tom - how are you going to answer the Camera Now?
                  > > >
                  > > > "Mr Robertson - you are the gatekeeper and Listmom of Energy
                  > > > Resources. Why do you let a well known racist like Abernathy spew
                  > > her
                  > > > carefully coded hate on your list? What does the list really get out
                  > > > of her endless right wing nonsense? And why do YOU Mr Robertson
                  > > let it
                  > > > happen? Do YOU share her views? You must be sympathetic to them as
                  > > you
                  > > > never critique them or tell her to muzzle it. So, tell the world why
                  > > > you let this woman have a platform on your list! Here's the mic..."
                  > > >
                  > > > HW
                  > > >
                  > > > --- In energyresources@yahoogroups.com, "Henry Warwick"

                  > > is
                  > > > puzzling.

                  > > > of the rest of us--about the ability of this country to manage with
                  > > > security and satisfaction the kinds of populations some folks want
                  > > > this country to grow up to.

                  > > --

                • htraite
                  Message 8 of 24 , May 1, 2010
                    Virginia,

                    I don't think isolationism healthy.

                    It does not matter ones perspective, it does not matter whether one is a USAmerican of European decent, a Mexican/Central American/South American facing starvation, an electrical engineer, an arctic survey technician, a deli clerk, a Somali pirate, whatever or/and etc. and etc.

                    Isolationism is not healthy therefore isolationism is not safe.

                    Howard,

                    Home Earth

                    --- In energyresources@yahoogroups.com, smn <nerodog1@...> wrote:

[...]

                    Hmmm. So let's look at how and why such a system thrives. If it is a political/social/economic system, or any combination of the three, then we created it.

                    Did we create it out of ... fine walnut veneer? Industrial byproduct? Silly Putty?

                    I think there is still several dollops of cowboy romanticism infused into USAmerica, but perhaps that doesn't look deep enough...

                    Howard
                  • scottsworth
                    Message 9 of 24 , May 1, 2010
                      Yes, leave it to someone in CANADA to tell us what racist bullshit is in the USA, and to stamp the labels on people here. However the stench that I smell here is coming from north of the border. I have known Virginia for quite a few years now on these group forums. I have never heard a racist comment from her, ever. And I lived in the deep South before 1964. Not that it matters or should matter to a CANADIAN. What business is it of yours what her political views are, or what Arizona does? Eh buko? You IMPLY that she is a racist, as well as the Arizona laws. But according to the Arizona polls, 85% of the population there supports the laws. Its their state. As the USA is ours to govern, not yours from the north.

                      This group needs to be moderated and severly, or it will just fall apart. I do not understand the tolerance of language and attacks on this site. I have been on this group for a long time, and it is nothing of what it was, and amusingly it is in many cases trying to uphold the exact opposite of what its founder intended.

                      > And when it stinks so bad that it makes national news, yeah, we have > a problem here, and the problem is YOU and your racist bullshit.
                    • robertnc2k7
                      Message 10 of 24 , May 1, 2010
                        I just wanted to know why the calling of Virginia as "racist" and "segregationist" hasn't been moderated? These are very slanderous labels that destroy careers and livelihoods. She has expressed her viewpoint quite often on here and elsewhere, and everybody has the opportunity to inform and debate without labeling or waxing lyrical about how whomevers a sociopath or whatever.

                        I am also starting to accept the stereotypical concept of 'old farts'-ism: older, highly-educated people from older eras who want to dominate discussion or just be the correct ones, but absolutely can't accept that they could be outdated or uninformed, can't tolerate indecisive conceptualizations, get hung up on somebody's viewpoints, and obsess over absurdities e.g. time-keeping like Senators at a sub-committee hearing.

                        Anyhow I am against the Arizona law. Carrying capacity, bygone eras and law issues aside, USA was founded and evolved to be a cultural exception in the world.. few countries share its ability to accept such a wide variety of demographic groups and assymilate them with little consequence. But it is not a fault of these other countries, it's just how things are.

                        The fact is that the majority of we in the United States have ancestry in other countries. But adding 'English/german/jewish/african/chinese/etc' to 'american' when talking to a foreigner will likely be responded to with 'So you're American.' They are correct!

                        Robert Glenn
                      • twayburn@att.net
                        Message 11 of 24 , May 2, 2010
                          Postscript: Let us imagine for a moment that by racism we meant the belief that one race is superior to another in some measure or other. I have wondered for a long time what the blanket condemnation of this notion might mean in the event that the racist claim were actually true.

                          Tom Wayburn, Houston, Texas

                          --- In energyresources@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Wayburn" <twayburn@...> wrote:

                          > Henry Warwick warns us that Virginia Abernethy is exposed as a racist and a
                          > separatist. I have no objection to Henry explaining why he thinks racism
                          > and separatism are very bad ideas that we need to be protected from. Until
                          > I hear an adequate logical argument for this, I believe I should accord
                          > racist and separatist positions the same respect as other tenable positions.
                          > So, please explain what is wrong with Virginia's position whether it is
                          > racist and separatist or not. She claims not. By the way, I have a
                          > sneaking suspicion that there is more than a little bit of racism in all of
                          > us. I am not so sure it's even a bad thing. So, educate me. Please.
                          >

                          > Tom Wayburn, Houston, Texas

                        • Ryder
                          Message 12 of 24 , May 2, 2010
                            Your question turns out to be meaningless when one realises that there is no such thing as "race". I understand that within the US this is an often used term. However all humans are simply members of the sub-species Homos Sapiens Sapiens.

                            That's all.

                            Robert R.

                            On 2 May 2010, at 12:06, twayburn@... wrote:

                            > Postscript: Let us imagine for a moment that by racism we meant the belief that one race is superior to another in some measure or other. I have wondered for a long time what the blanket condemnation of this notion might mean in the event that the racist claim were actually true.
                            >
                            > Tom Wayburn, Houston, Texas
                            >
                            > --- In energyresources@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Wayburn" <twayburn@...> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Henry Warwick warns us that Virginia Abernethy is exposed as a racist and a
                            > > separatist. I have no objection to Henry explaining why he thinks racism
                            > > and separatism are very bad ideas that we need to be protected from. Until
                            > > I hear an adequate logical argument for this, I believe I should accord
                            > > racist and separatist positions the same respect as other tenable positions.
                            > > So, please explain what is wrong with Virginia's position whether it is
                            > > racist and separatist or not. She claims not. By the way, I have a
                            > > sneaking suspicion that there is more than a little bit of racism in all of
                            > > us. I am not so sure it's even a bad thing. So, educate me. Please.
                            > >

                            > > Tom Wayburn, Houston, Texas

                          • Frank Holland
                            Message 13 of 24 , May 2, 2010
                              On Sun, 2010-05-02 at 16:33 +0200, Ryder wrote:
                              > Your question turns out to be meaningless when one realises that there
                              > is no such thing as "race". I understand that within the US this is an
                              > often used term. However all humans are simply members of the
                              > sub-species Homos Sapiens Sapiens.
                              >
                              > That's all.
                              >
                              > Robert R.

                              And I wonder about the sapiens bit!

                              --
                              Frank
                              53.22N 2.07W
                              Message 14 of 24 , May 2, 2010
                                Hello Robert,

                                Your answer is an extremely enlightened one. However, it by-passes a very real issue here in an a large American city. The plain fact that walking through a neighborhood in which one is an extreme racial minority is next to suicidal at certain times of the night and even in the day. The fact that when the population of a neighborhood is dominated beyond a critical point by one non-existent race or another it is no longer feasible for members of one or another minority race to live there. The fact that if one is unlucky enough to land in one of America's large number of prisons, one had better associate solely with members of one's own non-existent race or hazard one's life.

                                Peak oil and resource dominance aside, the single greatest social problem facing all America's people is Race, whether races exist or not. When and if a die-off commences in America amid social collapse, roving mobs of lawless sturdy men will organize along lines of Race, whether Race exists or not. If I and my family are forced to leave our homeland, it will undoubtedly be to escape problems based upon differences in Race, whether race exists or not.

                                Tom Wayburn, Houston, Texas

                                Message 15 of 24 , May 2, 2010
                                  Glenn, thanks for asking for moderation of ad hominum epithets. They do ruin careers. Not mine, fortunately, as I'm well over the hill.

                                  What really ruined my career was my own well-founded hypothesis that perception of prosperity and opportunity encourages larger family size. And it follows, that perception of scarcity motivates people to restrict family size. See Population Politics [1993, reprinted in 1999]. Ironically, many business writers attribute changes in the fertility rate to economic conditions. Demographers still don't.

                                  That hypothesis of mine put a lot of noses out of joint because it threatens the careers of experts whose jobs and status depend upon disbursing grant money and bank loans to less developed countries. Of coursse, those disbursements of easy money light a fuse under fertility rates.

                                  My hypothesis is also a scientific basis for opposing mass immigration, which allows high fertility rates to continue in poor countries because it allows them to shed excess population. Emigration means that incomes and fertility rates go up among those who remain [documented in nineteenth century GB and much more recently, in the Caribbean].

                                  Moreover, mothers can always hope that a child will emigrate and then send home remittances. Remittances from the US to Mexico reached $25 billion annually before the current economic recession.

                                  So thanks, Glenn. And please let us continue a civil discussion.
                                  Cheers,
                                  Virginia