Welcome!

  • Jay Hanson
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 29, 2000
      The mailto:energyresources@onelist.com is now officially open. Please take
      a moment to read the final version of the topics and posting rules before
      sending mail to this list.

      -TOPICS-
      The topics of this "research" (not "activist") list are threefold:

      #1. Critique energy-related articles and speeches published in the
      mainstream media.

      #2. Provide a forum where energy researchers can ask published engineers and
      scientists (not economists) questions and receive referenced answers.

      #3. Distribute important energy news items.

      -GROUND RULES-
      Key people are driven from mailing lists by too much volume, irrelevant
      chatter, and political fights. You can help me make this list a permanent
      and valuable energy resource by keeping the volume low and on topic. If you
      want to discuss some other topic, it only takes a few minutes to set up your
      own mailing list -- and it's free. See http://www.onelist.com

      -POSTS MAY BE EDITED-
      Irrelevant material will be edited and removed before sending posts to the
      list. If I personally comment on someone's post, I will add it to the bottom
      of that post before I send it.

      -QUESTIONS-
      Please ask only one energy-related question per post.

      -ANSWERS-
      When "answering" someone's question please provide a reference so other
      researchers can follow up. Market prices are not considered valid
      references. Uninformed opinions will not be posted.

      -ATTACHMENTS-
      If you have a graph that illustrates your point, I prefer that you provide a
      URL (http:// etc.) that points to the graph. However, if you are unable to
      provide a URL, you may attach the graph to your email. Write to me at
      mailto:energyresources-owner@onelist.com if you need assistance.

      If you have an energy paper you would like to archive at the
      http://www.dieoff.com web site, email the machine-readable files to me at
      mailto:energyresources-owner@onelist.com .

      Dozens of energy articles are archived at http://dieoff.com and
      http://www.hubbertpeak.com and http://hubbert.mines.edu

      Jay
    • Peter Hill
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 29, 2001
        Spot on!

        Peter Hill
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 29, 2001
          My only comment on the original purpose an dcriteria is to delete the words
          (not economists) where these occur in brackets. We are right to be
          critical of contemporary economists, but it is wrong to exclude them.

          Brian Fleay