25559Re: [energyresources] Fw: [narconews] Main: Alfred o Peña's Little Army

  • jfbaldauf
    Nov 21, 2002
      Luis Rodriguez wrote:
      > Caracas metropolitan police (about nine thousand men/women) was
      reorganized
      > and purge, during a long and selective process that took over two years.
      > Mainly, It was the job of the Metropolitan Major, who travelled a lot to
      > know and acquire experiences of other polices around the world. There were
      > many advisors during the process, paid by the community.

      In other words, Luis, you think it's okay for cops to go around shooting
      civilians, busting down the doors at radio stations, participating in
      attempted coups, and fomenting mayhem, as long as they were well trained in
      it?

      One of the consultants who Rodriguez alludes to was former NY Police
      Commissioner (now in LA) William Bratton, who Peña hired to "train" his
      brownshirts. But, of course, we've all been told again and again that U.S.
      interests had nothing to do with April's coup!

      Luis, I suggest you read authentic reports, like those at
      http://www.narconews.com/ , rather than letters from the gated, privileged
      suburbs of Caracas, or wishful disinformation from the Bush junta!

      Jim
      Austin

      > Caracas metropolitan police (about nine thousand men/women) was
      reorganized
      > and purge, during a long and selective process that took over two years.
      > Mainly, It was the job of the Metropolitan Major, who travelled a lot to
      > know and acquire experiences of other polices around the world. There were
      > many advisors during the process, paid by the community.
      >

      > regards,
      > Luis
      > From Oakville

      Army