25300The United States Military

  • Dana Visalli
    Nov 17, 2002
      For those who no longer believe in the tooth fairy, nor in other illusions
      of childhood:

      Information About The United States Military
      by Mark Elsis, Lovearth.net
      October 1, 2002

      The United States Government
      Spends More On The Military Than
      All The Rest Of The Countries On Earth -- Combined.

      The United States Military Has Over 200 Incursions Into Sovereign Countries
      Has Murdered At Least Eight Million People Since The End Of World War II.
      For The Corporate Profits Controlled By The 1% Oligarchy.

      In the last 50 years, the United States Government, through the military,
      has promoted, financed and participated in over 200 incursions and 20
      separate wars, killing at least 8,000,000 people.

      1952 to 1979 - 70,000 Iranians killed. (Ayatollah Khomeini, United States
      public enemy for the 1980s, was on the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)
      payroll while in exile in Paris in the 1970s, as were Saddam Hussein and
      Usama bin Laden at different times.)

      1954 - 120,000 Guatemalans killed

      1954 to 1975 - 4,000,000 Vietnamese and Cambodians killed.

      1965 - 3,000 Dominican Republicans killed

      1965 - 800,000 Indonesians killed

      1973 - 30,000 Chileans killed

      1975 - 250,000 East Timorese killed

      1970s - 1,000,000 Angolans killed

      1984 - 30,000 Nicaraguans killed

      1980s - 80,000 El Salvadorans killed

      1989 - 8,000 Panamanians killed in an attempt to capture George H. Bush's
      CIA partner now turned enemy, Manuel Noriega.

      1980s - over 700,000 From Libyan, Grenada, Somalia, Haiti, Afghanistan,
      Sudan, Nicaragua, Brazilian, Argentinean and Yugoslavian killed.

      1990s - over 1,000,000 Iraqis killed, including over 500,000 children --
      about which Madeline Albright (then, Secretary of State) said "their deaths
      are worth the cost".

      Some Historical Examples Of United States Involvement In Coup d'état's:

      Over the years, the United States government has supported many Coup
      d'état's that brought a number of repressive and brutal regimes to power. In
      Chile, Djakarta, El Salvador and Iran -- the list goes on and on. In many
      cases the military regimes we replaced were democratically elected leaders,
      and the killing sprees which followed were justified by the United States
      government as necessary to wipe out communism -- while being quietly covered

      The following links are meant to provide an introduction to the many
      notorious incidents that occurred in the last fifty years. This list is by
      no means exhaustive, but it should begin to shed some light on the long
      history of very questionable United States foreign policies.

      A CIA coup and massacre in Indonesia in the 1960's may have taken the lives
      of up to a million people: http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/54b/032.html

      Thousands of declassified CIA documents reveal that the CIA aided in the
      overthrow of democratically elected Chilean President Salvador Allende on
      September 11, 1973, putting Augusto Pinochet into power. You may have heard
      Pinochet's name before: his infamously brutal regime saw thousands killed,
      tortured, and "disappeared."

      Henry Kissinger also played a key role in the overthrow of the Chilean
      President, Salvador Allende. This article explains Kissinger's involvement
      (which he denies in his memoirs), and details the many instances of direct
      United States and CIA involvement in the situation, such as setting up a
      fascist organization run by a former PR person for the Ford Motor Company.

      The United States and South Africa intervened in Angola months before Cuban
      troops arrived in 1975, and not afterward as Washington and Henry Kissinger
      claimed, according to a historian who recently wrote a book on the subject.

      The United States Government
      Spends More On The Military Than
      All The Rest Of The Countries On Earth -- Combined.

      Why do we have our military on almost 1000 bases spread across over 100
      countries? Could what said by Major General Smedley Butler, United States
      Marine Corps, who was twice awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor, be
      true? "War is just a racket. A racket is best described, I believe, as
      something that is not what it seems to the majority of people. Only a small
      inside group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the
      very few at the expense of the masses."

      So, why does the United States Government spend more on the military than
      all the rest of the countries on Earth combined? The current military
      expenditures are 437 billion and our past obligations are 339 billion, this
      equals 776 billion. 46% Of Our Taxes Go To The Military:
      http://www.warresisters.org/piechart.htm This figure doesn't even account
      for all of the off-budget, black projects, nor the 40+ billion the United
      States will spend on intelligence in 2003.

      Why has our military invaded over 200 countries, and killed more than eight
      million people within just the last 50 years? View the 200+ incursions by
      the United States since WWII:

      Is our military there to help foster democracy? Or, is our military there to
      protect the huge corporations, so they can have their way with the resources
      and the slave labor workforce? Are the huge corporations raping the Earth
      and reaping enormous profits only for the oligarchy? What do you think?

      What is another one of the top ways to tell that you are living in a
      totalitarian regime? You know you are living in a totalitarian system when
      the head of the communication of the country -- the Federal Communication
      Commission (FCC) is the son of the highest military officer. In the United
      States, Michael K. Powell, the head of the FCC is none other than the
      Secretary of State Colin L. Powell's son. Why have our airwaves been have
      been given away to the corporations? Now less than 10 corporations control
      almost all media, and when you control all the media, you control the
      people, don't you?

      The United States Military History

      >From the USS Maine being destroyed in 1898 (Spanish American War), to the
      Lusitania being sunk with 7 million rounds of ammunition on board in 1915
      (World War I), to our provoking and allowing Pearl Harbor's attack in 1941
      (World War II) ("Deceit At Pearl Harbor" lays this out very well), to the
      Gulf of Tonkin in 1964 (Viet Nam) and the 300 babies slaughtered in their
      incubators in 1991 by Iraq (Desert Storm).

      When you have finished the above, check out the newly discovered Operation
      Northwoods files that was signed off by all five members of the Joint Chiefs
      of Staff from 1962 (uncovered by James Bamford in his book "Body Of Secrets"
      about the National Security Agency).

      This document (Operation Northwoods), titled "Justification for U.S.
      Military Intervention in Cuba" was provided by the Joint Chiefs of Staff to
      the Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara on March 13, 1962. Written in
      response to a request from the Chief of the Cuba Project, Col. Edward
      Lansdale, the Top Secret memorandum describes United States plans to
      covertly engineer various pretexts that would justify a United States
      invasion of Cuba.

      These proposals -- part of a secret anti-Castro program known as Operation
      Mongoose -- included staging the assassinations of Cubans living in the
      United States, developing a fake "Communist Cuban terror campaign in the
      Miami area, in other Florida cities and even in Washington," including
      "sink[ing] a boatload of Cuban refugees (real or simulated)," faking a Cuban
      air force attack on a civilian jetliner, and concocting a "Remember the
      Maine" incident by blowing up a United States ship in Cuban waters and then
      blaming the incident on Cuban sabotage. James Bamford himself writes in his
      book "Body Of Secrets" that Operation Northwoods "may be the most corrupt
      plan ever created by the United States government."

      U.S. Foreign Aid v. Military Expenditures

      Why do we give the least amount of foreign aid of per our percentage of our
      gross national product compared to any other industrial government on Earth?
      The three best aid providers, measured by the foreign aid percentage of
      their gross national product, are Denmark (1.01%), Norway (0.91%), and the
      Netherlands (0.79). The three worst are the United States (0.10%), the
      United Kingdom (0.23%), Australia, Portugal, and Austria (all 0.26). How can
      we possibly be spending 46% of our tax money on the military, and only
      one-tenth of one percent to help others who are less fortunate with our
      foreign aid?

      Also, please read the abundant history there is about the United States
      government secretly using its own people as test subjects.

      Love Is The Answer.

      Mark Elsis is the Executive Director
      with 1000+ EcoHumanePolitical websites.
      eMail him at: Mark@...